Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Mopars at the Red Barns

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  83scamp 
#1 ·
I'm putting this in the Michigan section because of the shows location, but I am aiming this post to any L-body pickup owners(or TDer's in general) in the Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, or Wisconsin area.

July 26th is the annual Mopars at the Red Barns car show at the Gilmore Car Museum. This is a HUGE Mopar event, with models from the 1920's through brand new. The Gilmore museum is just North of Kalamazoo, MI.

I am hoping to get together one of the largest groups of L-body pickups in the Midwest. Last year there were three there. Mine wasn't finished, and I know of at least one or two more that I hope can be there. I would love to get 15-20 of these trucks together all lined up in a row to show folks what we are all about!:fingersx:

Here is a link to the Museum's web site with event details: Gilmore Car Museum - Events - 2014 Events

Not only is it an awesome car show, but you get admission to the museum as well, and it's definitely worth it. This should be a bucket list must see for any car guy... :D

Please post here if you plan on attending. :thumb:

See less See more
#4 ·
Gilmore was awesome as usual! Tons of cars there. I would say there were 400+

There were probably 15 cars in the FWD catagory, and yours truly took home the plaque for 1st place! All of the cars in the FWD catagory were great. I'm sure it was a close competition.

Lots of folks stopping by asking questions, taking pictures, and passing out lots of compliments. Met several guys who are in the process of restoring L-body pickups themselves. Hopefully next year we have a whole row of L-body pickups there!

#6 ·
Thanks!! It was great to chat with you as well. Your Charger is fantastic! Part of what I love about Gilmore, you can see a little bit of everything there. There are Mopar fans of every type there. If you don't get your Mopar fix at Gilmore, then something is wrong!

As usual, I didn't take many pictures, I was too busy enjoying the show, but here is one of the two L-body trucks side by side:

Sorry, for the crappy picture. My phone sucks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.