Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I posted related to this the other day and it was helpful, so any help I can get on this one would be nice. I have a 1985 GLH-T and I just dropped in a rebuilt 1988 Daytona T-II block with a bathtub head. The car is back together and I was pooring in the coolant to get this thing back to life. Unfortunately though, I found coolant was leaking out of the backside. Turns out coolant was leaking from one of the exhaust manifold bolts. Specifically, it was the exhaust manifold bolt closest to the passenger side shock tower. Another member told me that this bolt taps into a coolant cavity and gave advice to take out the manifold bolt and put thread locker on it. This particular manifold bolt is fairly accessible, but of course, the other one's are not so easy to get to while the engine is in the car. So, what I'm wondering are a couple of things
1. Which manifold bolts (either exhaust or intake) on the T2 engine and T2 bathtub head, tap into a coolant cavity and will need to be removed and put back in with thread sealer? I want to take out only those necessary, as they will be very difficult to get to.
2. Any tip on getting these things out while the engine is in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm hoping to get this thing rolling this weekend.:)

·
Banned
0 Posts
I've got quite a bit of experience and i'd say that head is cracked somewhere or that corner of the head gasket is blown, but you said just poring in coolant it starts leaking out, so its under not pressure???.....I havn't seen a bathtub head face to face. But i highly doubt that there is a coolant passage that has a bolt running into it...I'd pull my head again...Not that hard to do, verses how much easier it makes it to work on when its out....

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
On the swirl for sure the lower exhaust bolts go through water. I bet my left one that it is the same for the g- just the lower exhaust bolts- actually it should have studs there.

·
Banned
0 Posts
hummm....i never had my exhaust studs out. now i see why i've never seen those holes before...kinda funny though, glad mine arn't leaking...and sorry for any misinformation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts