Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any ideas of how to get more hp out of a 2001 dodge 2.4l engine. i already have a cold air intake on it but i need more. i can't find any headers for it and i don't want a turbo. i'm trying to find a higher performance hed but no luck so far.:bang head

any help would be great.:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
not much mroe you can do except engine work, pull the head have it ported, rais the compresion. computer tunning. nothing easy or cheap, a full and proper 2.25 exhasut system may get a little more power. but not alot you can do to the stock engine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
other than porting the head are there any other engine heads i can swap with for a little more hp. there realy isn't anyone around here i would trust to work on my cylinder head let alone modify it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
look on neons.org and they will have all the info you want/need

All of the above posted by 88jbody is right

You can get a bigger TB and exhaust, maybe making a ram air setup, ect.. will help

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You can do underdrive pulley, TB, intake spacer, lightweight flywheel, and a bit more before you need to crack the engine open.

Modern Performance Racing Products has a few 2.4l items.

also the intake spacer listed here:
Modern Performance Racing Products

which work with: Gasket is available for 95-99 Dodge Neon DOHC2.0/2.4 Stratus 2.4 DOHC 03-05 Dodge SRT-4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts