Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my shelby today after sitting in my garage for the last 2 years. Got a new battery went to start it but it just cranks and cranks. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Check for spark and make sure it is getting fuel. Spark you can do several ways but one would be to pull the wire off the plug and have the wire connector close to a ground. You should hear or see the spark while cranking. Fuel can be checked at the shrader valve. Press the valve in after you crank it some and see if fuel spills out the valve. After verifying these simple things and still doesn't start make sure the cam is turning while you crank the motor.

·
Registered
425 Posts
no runnum

any codes??

2 years is a long time. i think sitting that long would have prompted me to do an oil prime before starting it. and thats some seriously ugly gas in that tank now i bet too.

everything said in above posts and more. check it all. fuel and spark.

just my 02 cents :wink:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
And fuel filter...my GTC sat for 4 years (!) and it was sludge city in there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
motor cranksover but won`t start timing belt snapped

Thanks for the feed back. Looks like the timing belt snapped from siitting so long. Theres no spark ,dist. isn`t turning nor is the cam gear. One of the mechianics at my local garage was always yelling at me that I never drove it enough. Yes this is number 328. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts