Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth just putting the insetrs in the stock mounts or should i spend the money to get the better mounts, i don't like how much the motor moves and don't want to have solid mounts that will shake the crap out of my car, is there a happy medium?

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
I have the prothane street inserts. Noticable improvement. Still some wheelhop. And it doesn't vibrate too bad at all compared to my 1st gen neon did with the same inserts.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
contraption22 said:
I have the prothane street inserts. Noticable improvement. Still some wheelhop. And it doesn't vibrate too bad at all compared to my 1st gen neon did with the same inserts.

Are they just the ones that are held in with zip ties?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Prothane ones are a one-piece design that is held in place with a big washer. Much better than the Energy Suspension ones with the zip ties.

A better alternative that doesn't really cost more, but takes a little work, is to fill them with polyurethane yourself. You can get poly resin from several places, such as McMaster-Carr. They have it in 60A, 80A, and I think 94A or something durometers. I filled mine with 80A, and that's a pretty good balance between stiffness and vibration, IMO.

If you really want to get rid of wheel hop, consider replacing the front control arm bushings, either with Rage or Psi-Fi "traction bushings" or (much cheaper) use the Energy Suspension poly bushings.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have inserts I got from Johnny Spiva at polybushings and they work great. They also have a washer that holds them in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts