Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I started to attempt to bolt my 89 a555 tranny to my 04 srt4 block the other day and things did not seem to line up right. I assume the srt4 has the tranny bolt to the driver side of the motor just like my Shelby charger does? when I went to bolt the motor and tranny together it seemed like the output shaft on the tranny was not going to line up with the crank on the motor and also seemed like there was a sensor and what not that was going to be in the way. am I way off base with any of my findings because from what I understand, the 555 should bolt right up to the srt4 motor. or am I supposed to find a different 2.4 motor? I was under the assumption that it did not matter what 2.4 I used. please somebody help before I go totally crazy and just give up on this swap all together. I would love to make the swap but this car has fought m every step of the way.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
First of all I'm not an expert on srt4 swaps nor have I ever done one. This is just what I have gathered from pictures of other peoples swaps. From what I understand, there is one bellhousing bolt that won't line up and you have to clearance the block for the starter to fit. Other than that it bolts up. As far as the passenger side mount I don't know. I'm sure somebody will come in with more knowledge.

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys and thanks especially for the ebay link to them mounts. Id love to build my own but thatd save the headaches and wrench throwing if I just buy those. haha. I gotta take another look at that block and tranny cuz I am basically on you guys line with the 1 bolt hole and what not but maybe I was missing something. ill take another look in a few days when I get a chance and go from there. I may be back on here if things still don't go right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts