Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the wires out of the logic module connectors when doing the T-I to T-II swap? For instance when you move pin from blue connector to red connector.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben said:
Take an awl and on the side of the blue or red connector, you'll see a tiny piece of the pin that needs to be pushed down. Then you can pull it out by tugging on the wire.
My only problem is that the wires I need to move are on the second row so the piece of pin isn't visible like on the top row.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ohhhhhh... you have that style. That style has a piece of plastic that pops out between the two rows of pins. Remove that center plastic piece and then you have to push gently tiny plastic pin retainers so you can slide the pins towards the center of the connector, and then pull them out. It's very hard to explain, you just have to have a good set of eyes.

·
Registered
920 Posts
On my L body harness each connector row (red or blue) has a plastic retainer. Look on the sides you should see a small bit of plastic (snap in fingers), push this inwards and back towards the wires. This allows you better access to the wires so you don't have to yank on them, they should slide out fairly easy without bending/distorting. One row you can see (the metal tabs) from the outside and the other row has the access directly under the openings (paper clip works here). Push these little retaining tabs inwards and push the pin/wire out. Be careful, without the retaining tab in place the wires can come out if thier metal tabs have been depressed. (I had a couple come out but easy to put back in thier place.)

Hope this helps.

ps: put the plastic retainers back in place!
(Typing so long I see Ben beat me to it, but mines more detailed... ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts