Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MPScan is a program that allows the user to scan, display, and log various engine parameters for the lm, smec, and sbec computers. It is recommended that the user purchase an FTDI usb/ttl cable to fully utilize the capabilities of this program.

The program can be downloaded from here: MPScan

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesn't appear i can edit my original post so i'll just add on here (kinda clumsy but oh well). i posted up a new video of mpscan. it is using the newer version and shows the basics of setting it up and logging. the link to youtube is:

MPScan 2 - Basic Setup - YouTube

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Very good, thank you. I'm definitely waiting for the advanced version so I can configure a single gauge to display multiple readings.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get the ftdi usb cable from rob L at boostbutton.com. i got my OTG cable off amazon a couple years ago for around 5 bucks i think. just some cheap import, but it had alot of good reviews. basically, plug the otg into the phone and the ftdi cable into the otg usb slot.

mpscandroid is v1.0.0.0, meaning it needs alot of work yet. i know a couple guys that have used it with mixed results. hopefully this fall i can put some real time into it. the big thing is getting over the latency issue built into the usb protocol. ftdi has an android driver but i cannot figure out how to port it into my program. so getting a connection to the ecu and maintaining a stable connection is difficult. i'm having to use a generic usb driver that doesn't fully support the programming features i need and that are used in the windows version.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Is there a glossary for what all the different channels mean?
And on the MAP psi gauge, how can it be configured to read above 15 psi, or can it?
On the VSPD gauge, the ticks are at 10 mph increments, can that be changed, to 5 mph, or any other value?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no glossary. all the other things you asked can be changed. that will be in the next video.

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Hey WowZer thanks for all the good info. Cant wait to dig into MPScan !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts