Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MPTune is a program that allows you to tune the ecu. It is geared primarily for the turbonator cals created by Rob Lloyd (shelgame). However, it also allows the user to "upgrade" from previous binaries/tables used by older programs such as mptuner, dcal, and chem. Not only can you modify the cal but it supports reading/flashing chips using an Ostrich, Burn2, or a flashable chip.

This program supercedes MPTuner which is no longer supported. The program can be downloaded from here:MPTune

It is a companion program to MPScan.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
MP tune though is said to open more of the factory cal?

D-cal does use the USB flash cables I hear, only a serial SMEC cable

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MP tune though is said to open more of the factory cal?

D-cal does use the USB flash cables I hear, only a serial SMEC cable
mptune will open a bin/tbl file once its updated to version 2. it works best, tho, with the turbonator cals from rob lloyd.

mptune will read/flash a chip using the old rs232 serial cables with a ttl inverter, or a usb cable (prefer ftdi), or using the moates burn or ostrich devices.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, what's the oldest operating system MPtune can be used on?
you need win xp or later for mptune version 2. the older mptuner would run under win98 but it is no longer supported and i would move to the newer version.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Will thisd work on Mopar Perf computers? The one i have is the 86-87 glhs stage 2 WOT to 14psi, now ive put back all my lines to stock, and took off the map clamp, and it still cuts out. ive adjusted the actuator arm shorter and it still cuts out. Can i recalibrate thise comp. its parts # 5249670,,,yes no???

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
NO, the computer will have to have the stock chip removed and reprogrammable one installed. Personally, I like the ones that you can reprogram, that way if you don't like something you can get a new calibration for it, or you can even go in and make changes yourself.

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking it might be nice to have a MPTune support thread. It's a pretty daunting program for a newcomer. Having come from D-Cal, I still had a heck of a hard time adapting to all the differences. Anyone make any YouTube tutorials for it yet?
Here's a question.. In the Turbonator SBEC Stage II cal (probably in at least all of the SBEC cals, maybe more).. "Calculated Fields" gives a great 3D map of the spark advance table. Looks much like MegaSquirt's tables. I couldn't for the life of me edit them. Clicking and dragging on a cell just rotates the 3D view. On the right is the numeric values, I can't seem to edit them either. Seems to just be a visualization of a couple combined 2D tables? If that's the case, it seems like the program just needs to ability to interpret the changes made on the 3D table back into the 2D tables.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just looking into getting in to flashing ecu for personal use. need help with picking out good and right flasher. also new to this site so sorry if posted in wrong spot. What I have is a 95 neon that I use as a race car. I have the Mopar Performance ecu and want to copy it on to junk yard ecu incase my computer gets taken under new claiming rules

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking it might be nice to have a MPTune support thread. It's a pretty daunting program for a newcomer. Having come from D-Cal, I still had a heck of a hard time adapting to all the differences. Anyone make any YouTube tutorials for it yet?
Here's a question.. In the Turbonator SBEC Stage II cal (probably in at least all of the SBEC cals, maybe more).. "Calculated Fields" gives a great 3D map of the spark advance table. Looks much like MegaSquirt's tables. I couldn't for the life of me edit them. Clicking and dragging on a cell just rotates the 3D view. On the right is the numeric values, I can't seem to edit them either. Seems to just be a visualization of a couple combined 2D tables? If that's the case, it seems like the program just needs to ability to interpret the changes made on the 3D table back into the 2D tables.
Huh, missed this comment. I know it's a year old, but -

The 'calculated' tables are just a 3D representation of what the combination of 2D tables will give you in terms of timing. It's not possible to be able to edit the 3D directly, becuase the change would affect 2, 3 or mroe tables at the same time. Which 2D table gets adjusted? MP Tune can't make that decision for you. So, you have to go down to the 2D tables, make a change, then check the total timing result. It's a little cumbersome, but it's better than not knowing the final result :)

And, I keep meaning to make a video tutorial. At least, one for how I make a cal.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
just looking into getting in to flashing ecu for personal use. need help with picking out good and right flasher. also new to this site so sorry if posted in wrong spot. What I have is a 95 neon that I use as a race car. I have the Mopar Performance ecu and want to copy it on to junk yard ecu incase my computer gets taken under new claiming rules
MP Tune as-is won't flash all of the FCC's. It can only flash the ones with an ST memory chip. If you try to flash a Toshiba chip, it will brick the FCC.

Morris and I are working on an improvement to the overall flashing process. And, I have a flash adapter for the FCC in the works. Boards should be here for testing this weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts