Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased Street Fire CDI P# 5520. I was reviewing the installation instructions and there is only one diagram referencing Chrysler, which doesn’t seem to match up to my distributor wiring harness. Also listed in the instruction is referencing me to leave disconnected the Module connection which also doesn’t match the connector. Does anyone have any instructions on which wiring I use?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I have not installed one of these, or any other black boxes..

The 'Turbo' Distributor has 2 outputs, with 2 separate connectors:

1- Ignition timing signal, 4 times per 2 engine revolutions
2- Fuel injector reference signal - 1 time per 2 engine revolutions

you need to figure out which of the 2 connectors is the Ignition timing signal and splice into that ..

if theyre suggesting you leave it disconnected,
a cleaner way (rather than splicing) would be to get the plug end from a spare harness, wire that to yur module input, and plug yur module in that way..

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
those instructions look like they are for the old style 8 or 6 cylinder ignations with the ign box on the firewall

might be wise to contact msd to see if it even will work on your car - before you do somthing that means you can't return it

it's the 2 wires shown coming from the dist that make me think this as the older cars had 2 wires at the dist when they had electronic ign

1 - 4 of 4 Posts