Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a few pictures from the ice storm we are having. They were just sent to me by a friend who lives down the street from me. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready for warmer weather anytime now.......

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Eeek, that's not good. I hope you guys don't lose power. That sucks.

Up here we're still having snow/sleet. The D.C. area has declared a snow emergency. They've closed BWI and Reagan airports. Some areas are expected to get up to 2 feet by the time this storm ends tomorrow. 8*

Everyone stay safe!

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Heard about Washington with 2 feet of snow and in Connecticut we are anticipating 1 to 1/2 feet tomorrow. I am staying indoors

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Ugggg.... 8*

We had a a couple inches of slushy sleet and freezing rain from the storm last night here in St. Louis and now we are expecting 2 - 3 inches of snow on top of that...

Should be in the mid 50's by Tuesday... :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just after I posted the pics, we lost power. But it wasn't too bad.. only for about an hour and a half.
The bad news is that there is ANOTHER ice storm for the rest of today and into the evening here. A possibility of 1 to 1 1/2 inches of additional ice in Mulletville.

I have been watching my neighbor's tree slowly break apart for the last 30 minutes. Each time the wind picks up, another huge limb goes crashing to the ground. 8*

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nasty stuff, all too familiar with it. OK has been hit with ice the last several winters. This year only a little bit.

The one that hit two years ago left some people in the outer reaches of the state without power for upwards of 2 months or more. 'course, I gotta question if some of those people actually had power before the storm ;) (cue the banjos!). :}

·
Registered
413 Posts
:( This really bites! I've been stuck at work ( Arlington, Va.) since about three thirty this morning. No one can get here and I can't leave. Hurry up warm weather!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Merrick....I hate to hear about your ice. I hope you don't receive the extra ice predicted. :(

It brings back memories of Dec/Jan 2001. Our area was devastated with ice. Huge, 100+-year old trees were lost forever. Houses and vehicles were crushed from trees and limbs. People were without power for WEEKS sometimes MONTHS in the frigid cold. When able to finally drive the roads, there were miles and miles of utter devastation. Many roads were totally blocked with trees. It took weeks for road cleanup and many months to clean up the rest of the debris. Sorry for the bleak picture....I HATE ice!

The weather report for a lot of the country doesn't look good. Bring on Spring!

US Weather Warnings

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My advise is to crank your heat up. then, if the power goes out, you have a little more time before the temp drops inside your home.
Ice storms are bad, you'll lose so many trees :(

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice. As of right now....... more is on the way....
3/4ths of the county here is without power. School is closed for President's Day (we were originally scheduled be in session).The National Guard Armory is opening up for emergency shelter. The Utilities people aren't really sure when all power will be restored to the region... it could be weeks before everyone is back on-line. :(

People across the street from us have a huge limb that broke loose and demolished their chimney. I don't think they are even home to know about the problem. Things are a mess here. My dad is a respiratory therapist who owns his own oxygen business and he's been on the go since the very early hours today, trying to get his patients who are oxygen dependent some tanks until their electricity is on. There are hundreds of thousands of people without power right now.

Next year, I suggest we kill the groundhog that predicts 6 more weeks of winter. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts