Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I know all you purists are probably shaking your heads, but hey, you got to admit my 86 GLHS looks pretty sick on a set of flat black Rota Slipstreams and a set of Michelin Pilots. These are the wheels I'm using on the car for daily driving. They are significantly lighter than the Centurion 1s... I don't know exactly how much lighter, but they are around 10.4 lbs each for the Slipstreams. My Centurion 1's are covered in plastic in my garage. Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
728 Posts
:thumb: Cool!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
looks sweet! i second the smoked tail light idea. It's too bad there's no lip spoiler for these like the Charger, I think that would set this car off. Also, it looks like the back tires would rub.. do they??

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Love the car, it looks like those actually belong on it. And Sidepipe, they do make a chin spoiler for the Charger, it is just that it takes the place of the stock Shelby Charger front body effects.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for the compliments! I've been getting alot of attention while stopped but on a roll these wheels blur into nothing. The car still maintains somewhat sleeperness, which I like. I may swap the Centurions out if and when I sell the vehicle, or possibly for slicks if I ever get around to it. Blacking out the tailights is cool, but I like the otherwise somehwhat stock look for now. I don't even think I'll ever tint it, maybe, undecided if I want to touch the glass. The wheels fit great, I have no rubbing issues, and with the way I drive (I don't go slamming over speed bumps with 3 people in the back), I have took it to the limit around corners and no rubbing issues. I have carried two adults in the back, no problems, And with the big Quikor swaybar in front and the back, Konis set to medium, polyurathane control arm bushings, and new strut bar for the front, the thing takes a corner pretty damn well! The rim size is 15x7 and +35 offset. Tire size is 205/50/15 which is stock for an 86 GLHS. The tires are very quiet and add additional softness the ride. As for spoilers and additional ground fx - one, I don't think I would ever mess with Shelby's effects and two I think the arrowdynamics of the Omni are beyond tuning! Lol. Here's some more pics. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I got a chorme on my charger but I black out the tail lights and tinted mine. This should give an idea kinda what it would look like. Not trying to hijack. Around here there is alots of black out vans and cars but most of them are Mennonite. I would put a light tint in the windows and on the tail lights

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Murder was the case that they gave me.

Looks good and isn't permanent. Nice. I believe stock wheels are about twice the weight of the Rotas.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nice look but I want to see them in person:cool:. Drive that car down to the next SoCal first Thursday Applebees meet:thumb: Or maybe Mopars at the Strip 28,29, 30 this month. A bunch of us are going out there...

Alan

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like those rims, I wish I would've know about them before I ordered the Enkie RS5 for the track, I would've saved 5 lbs per wheel!

I'm installing my coilovers next weekend, is that how you've dropped your car also?

One thing I don't like is the large sidewall you have there. I know it softens the ride but... Get yourself some TOYO RA1's, its a D.O.T. approved racing tire.

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Oh, I forgot to ask, are the originals for sale? IMO nothing can replace the look (not performance) of the original Centurians. Let me know if for sale.

Mike

·
Registered
348 Posts
the lip i was referring to is actually the spoiler that SpeedyShelby's Charger has on the hatch. something like that would look nice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Keep a close eye on those Pilots. I only got 17000 miles out of mine before the sidewall blew out on one. I checked them all and the sidewalls had dry rotted. I'll never buy Michelin again.
Frank H.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts