·
Registered
632 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, melty. :p

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm pretty sure what caused this madness was the previous owner running an mbc but not having the computer hooked into the air filter. either way it's getting new rod and mains,pistons,valves,valve stem seals......might as well fix all of that to new while i am in here. also the intake and valve cover are out for powdercoating(yellow). so it's a work in progress but for $150 i couldn't go wrong as it was a running vehicle and the body is in better shape than my 93 n/a shadow.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well ihave already woend 2 starions so i know all about needing those........also quick question is the stock boosdt gauge as lame in these as it is in starions?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hope this car turns out to be as fun as the starion........my first adventure in fwd turbo........starions were easy too bad the engine was a lame setup.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My piston has cost about $1100 (so far...) :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
The stock boost gage in my 87 CSX shows about 3psi too high compared to my Autometer boost gage. It also shows about 4in too little vacuum.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
art i'll get a pic of that plug....it's pretty much just caked in oil. looks exactly like the top of the piston.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts