Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help with a problem I am having with my 93 Shadow ES 3.0L N/A not wanting to fire/turn over. I was driving home 2 weeks ago when all the sudden the car just quit running on the freeway at 55... "It just quit." Since then I have checked the coil, fuel pump,and the fuel filter with no luck. I can hear the pump kick on to pressurize the line. I've removed the filter and checked it. The coil almost knocked me on my butt, so I'm at a stand still. There was a new timing belt put on it 10,000 miles ago so I really don't believe that it is the problem either. I also pulled a plug to see if the pump is filling the chamber with gas. It is. I'm trying to trouble shoot the problem from all that I know. If there is anyone that may be able to think of a test or know what the prob is... Please help! Thank you!

·
Administrator
25,738 Posts
Recheck Cam Timing.
Any Fault Codes Set?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Pulling the distributor cap and seeing if the rotor turns is a far more complete way of checking for timing problems. If the front cam alignment pin has sheared, you will notice it if watch the rotor...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help! I forgot to check the distributer. HEHE! The roter inside may have been the problem. It was broken in two. I'm replacing it today,"With my fingers crossed that it is the prob." So I'll let every1 know if it is. Thanks to every1 4 their help.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
May also be a cheap Chinese made part... There are an increasing number of reports of cheap Chinese parts failing/not working right and causing problems. But this is all speculation without more information...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
True, RoadWarrior222, plastic only lasts so long.

I agree about Chinese parts Ed. I went through a pair of their "premium brake drums" in just 2 months.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
Yes... It was the roter! After I changed it out the car fired right up. Thanks guys 4 your help!
Don't you just love that feeling you get when you figure out you've fixed your car for pocket change.:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hostile environment inside the dizzy cap, lots of ozone and the sparks make UV, so if the stabiliser package in the plastics was a bit off they can turn into chalky, brittle crap in short order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.