Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a acclaim 2.5 t1 for the winter and to be a family car. auto, all stock except boost controller at 13psi- non intercooled

2 little stories.

1. acclaim vs rx8.

this rx8 is driving pretty quick up a major road opn my way home from work so I follow him , as using him for a decoy for any cops that may be ahead, he sees me behind him and floors it, well so do I see what my beater has in it. I took him a good 1/4 mile to get 2 car lengths ahead of me, I lost but Still worth saying, intercooled and 14psi and I would have had him.

2. acclaim vs 94ish civic 4 door
civic has fart can, lowered and beat up.
he is driving like a complete ass in and out of traffic and ends up 3 cars in front of me, so I end up beside him 2 traffic lights latter, lights turn I go, he stays way behind, so I slow down, then a big puff of blue out his exhasut and he if flying up on me probably planning the ricer flyby. so I pull it into 2nd and brake boost it to about 5psi he gets to my back bumper and I floor it and walk away from him I was probably 3-4 cars ahead by an 1/8 mile :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sweet! I knocked off a riced out civic in my Chrysler just this week, can't wait to up the boost a little more. The look on their faces is priceless isn't it?!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
These cars will walk alot of the cars out there with just minor mods lol.I love it.I have been driving my beater shadow(89 intercooled TI 14psi,5 spd,full 2.5"exhaust)for about 2 and a half weeks now and I have to many stories to post lol.But my favorite was some punk in a beamer that daddy clearly bought him.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my daytona was a big sleeper untill I put the hybrid turbo with a 3" dump, the sound is to obvious now

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think you can call adaytona a "big" sleeper. maybe a "little" sleeper. i think there to sporty.
you haven't seen my beat to shit pacifica then :thumb:and TD's are highly underrated around here :D if it isn't a srt4 they want to see under the hood and say that srt4 engine looks diferent and they ussualy go WTF??? after I tell him it came stock that way

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so at the local spot sunday this 04ish lancer comes in, muffler and cold air (he thinks the cold air brought his 170hp car up to 200 lol)

so my friend asked him if he'd race
he was race what, and he pointed at my acclaim (now had a t2 intercooler) but blown turbo seal.
he did not think we were serious.

but agreed, so we line up and go I beat him by about 3-3.5 cars :D
he wants to race again
so we line up again and he jumps gets a car on me and my transmission sticks in 2nd and won't shift out so I couldn't run him down,

I was intercooled with 13psi boost set.
fun but now it cost me a transmission in my only running car

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can't swap to 5 speed it is the wifes car....don't tell her I was racing with it either I'll never here the end of it.

I am going to rebuild the trans with the acumulator blocked off and line preasure raised for good 1-2 shifts and tire chirps, and possibly do a servo mod to make 3rd gear chirps

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
summer beater is repaired and out as of today! only 14psi need to get a cal, 3 bar and fuel pump, the +40's on a stock cal just don't fuel it right with the adjustable regulator down enough to keep it running

1 - 12 of 12 Posts