Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 87 shelby charger for $500 and paid 70 to get it towed to my house.:eek:It's been sitting for a year because the tranny blew on the guy.(stuck in 3rd gear).It has already been converted to a t-2 setup with a ford intercooler and a monza type 1 bov.The intercooler pipes are mandrel bent stainless stell and welded.The engine runs strong but could use new vac lines.Car has 184,000 kms on it and is in pretty good shape,mostly surface rust except on the drivers rear fender lip where it has gone through.Car also has new 2.5 exhaust,brakes,head gasket and cv axles as of last year.Also has unscratched eagle alloy 6 spoke rims,mbc,k&n cone filter,pro comp 60# boost and air/fuel guage on dual pillar pod,GT wheel,Alpine flip face cd,new sony speakers front and rear.he was asking 1200 and I offered him 500 without the stereo and he said sure:thumb:So I came back with a tow truck and all he took out was the sub box:fingersx:Just picked up a 555 for $50 the other day and the tranny swap is on the way.Heres some pics...enjoy

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a stock clutch for it now because not sure the plans for it and the price was awesome.Got the brand new clutch with T-3 pressure plate,large spline yoke for my hybrid axle and shifter cables and shifter assembly from a 88 lancer for $70.I hope the shifter assembly and cables will work.Also wondering if I should get the flywheeel machined?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Just get a new flywheel, either autozone or partsamerica.com has em for under $50 brand new.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok got the flywheel machined and is now on as well as the new clutch and t-3 PP.Have new seals in tranny and just contiplating on buying a new realease bearing too.Also wondering if the 88 lancer shifter and cables are going to work for the a555 swap??Anyone know for sure or does it have to be a 89 shadow/sundance??

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
$500, yeah, so i pretty much hate you. lol...j/k. awesome find, that thing looks beautiful, and great price.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Id suggest trying to keep the rod shifter linkage. Some people hate it, bit I drove an 87 glhs with the cable shifter and a 555 and I didnt like it at all. The shifter really does not fit well with the stock console (too far forward). They are fun, I got rid of mine becasue it got really bad milage and had imtermitant wiring problems I wasnt able to fix, so I kinda lost interest in it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I finally wrestled the 555 up into place and everything is bolted up.My hybrid axle is in and fits perfect!now I just need the drivers side axle so I can center the engine and then work on mounting the new shifter and hook up and adjust the cables.Wont be long now,can't wait!:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts