Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok since i am new and have had some wanting to see my steal of a car thought i would put up some pics...these are as it sits now and how i bought it....i paid $75 dollars for the car and so far am in the process of replacing the fuel pump..i am on a tight budget so may take awhile. i also reset the timing on it so far....I am not in a hurry to get it done cause of how well it looks for sitting at least 5 years from what i have been told once i get it running then i will get it cleaned out and see what i need to do with it.....

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Does it have rust? I see a dealer installed sunroof, those seemed to be popular with the hard tops. I know of a few TDs who have that sunroof, the dealers must of had a special company they outsourced all those S/R installs to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only place i have seen any signs of rust is in the spare tire compartment...and i was wondering that about the sunroof also most of what i see online when i do a search for the turbo z cs model have t-tops not the sunroof so i am going to do some more digging to see what i can find.....any ideas on where to look?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
There is factory sunroofs available in the C/S line as well as T-tops, One example of a factory sunroof is a fella one here by the name of broncoman Mint 1986 C/S it has the factory sunroof.
As for the aftermarket conversions there wasn't any specific Chrysler Corpertion approved shop that they contracted the conversion for sunroofs, These were done by the dealership owners and a local glass shop that installed aftermarket sunroofs.
There is so many companies that made universal fit sunroofs it would be difficult to pin down when it was installed and by whom.
On your sunroof glass you should see a name on the glass ( usually on the inside towards the front of the car in the middle of glass or back toward the pop up handle.This would Identify the maker of the sunroof.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
The factory sunroofs were big, and had circular spin handles to raise and lower them. Most aftermarkets were just simple pop up deals.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
nive looking car, my brother had the same looking car, we added a MP computer that race 14 PSI and a lower geared trans with the 3.87s to it to wake it up. A lot can be done up up and running with a new computer would be fun though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok all quick update i just replaced the fuel pump (was shot) with one for $18.50 for now. Runs good need to change oil, pcv, and some belts main thing is that i think the rings may be sticking which could be the reason that the previous owners thought the turbo was goin in it.... Lets hope thats the problem......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts