Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an interest in all things 80s (mostly heavy metal and movies) I bought this Daytona 2.5 nonturbo for $700 in December. It was in OK shape but there was a big dent in the front fender/hood area that I learned to use Bondo on. Also the clear coat was heavily damaged in some areas (seems typical of Daytonas). So over the winter I did a lot of touch up painting, and I applied all the flat black vinyl myself. The vinyl, in addition to looking pretty awesome, also covers some areas where I didn't want to deal with the clear coat damage.

I also painted the wheels, the rear emblems, put in a new air filter (the guy I bought it from strangely didn't have one in--oops), new spark plugs and wires, and changed the oil. My goal is to do everything myself that I possibly can. Check out the pics, I think it's looking pretty good!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks Awesome! Interesting to see a Daytona with T-tops that's not a Pacifica or Shelby Z. The emblems match the wheels nicely, and the matte black vinyl accenting looks fantastic! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks Awesome! Interesting to see a Daytona with T-tops that's not a Pacifica or Shelby Z. The emblems match the wheels nicely, and the matte black vinyl accenting looks fantastic! Keep up the good work.
Thanks! The base Daytona with t-tops does seem to be something of a rarity.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to find a guy who sold me his louvers and rear spoiler a couple weeks ago. I got them mounted on my Daytona and they look pretty sharp! I live a couple minutes away from a small airport so an evening photo shoot was necessary, haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts