Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys.based on my mods and what setups you guys on here have had on your cars im looking on estimates for:
power;hp,tq
1/4 mile times
here are my mods:
fresh 2.5 with only 15000 miles on it
intercooled with a huge saab front mount
mitsu turbo is gone for a garret t-3 {only 15000 miles**
2.5 in exhaust from the turbo back
cone filter
stock boost of around 9-10 lbs and sometimes spikes quickly to about 13.
just looking for guesses on what the car should be capableof the way it sits.soon i will be putting a grainger on it up to 16 lbs with a map bleed.thanks guys.

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
It's hard to say what your car can do without some kind of numbers (hp, 1/4, just something to go on). Power-wise you're going to be near stock Shelby T2 levels with a 2.5 and I/C Garrett. 1/4 mile will be similar as well with a 5-speed. It depends a lot on your driving and your tuning too. Best way to find out though, take it the track or a dyno.

·
Registered
521 Posts
ok guys.based on my mods and what setups you guys on here have had on your cars im looking on estimates for:
power;hp,tq
1/4 mile times
here are my mods:
fresh 2.5 with only 15000 miles on it
intercooled with a huge saab front mount
mitsu turbo is gone for a garret t-3 {only 15000 miles**
2.5 in exhaust from the turbo back
cone filter
stock boost of around 9-10 lbs and sometimes spikes quickly to about 13.
just looking for guesses on what the car should be capableof the way it sits.soon i will be putting a grainger on it up to 16 lbs with a map bleed.thanks guys.
I would guess you should be able to get near a 15 flat at 16psi

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see i think it should be faster.my buddy nathans 4 dr auto 2.2 shadow with less engine mods than mine has been 13.95 at 98 mph on slicks.he was running 16 to 18 lbs.i know my car makes more power than his at the same boost????????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no.like i said my buddys shadow ran a high 13 with less than what i have.that was even with the mitsu turbo!!!!!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Like I said, it depends a lot on how well you drive it and how well the car is set up. But a stock 89 Daytona Shelby was capable of low 15 seconds. At 16 PSI with better flowing exhaust you should be looking at mid 14's (better on slicks obviously). Your buddy's Shadow weighs less so that helped him a little, but you could run a high 13 on slicks (again, if it is tuned well and you're good on the launch). In comparison, Donovan put an 89 Shelby into the mid 13's with a 3" exhaust and 18 PSI (with extra injector). So it's possible.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
^ That is true. Location makes a difference.

We can guesstimate all day long, but the best way to find out what your car can do is to just go and run it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea thats what im planning on doing next weekend.altitude here is around sea level if not below so that helps,but as for running it do any of you have tips on getting the car down the track the fastest?? i know the strong suite of these cars is their torque.not sure on how to use that to its fullest.

·
Registered
209 Posts
are the injectors stock? I hate seeing broken pistons over 2 pounds of boost. depending on your driving habits, you'll break something real quick with a map blead. untill you can get a extra injector, "starter injector out of a Volkswagon" I'd stick with 14.75 psi. You can never tell just how much psi your actualy bleeding. But over time, any amount of that will do some kind of damage. Trying to be careful I've broke 2 pistons and a head.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im only doing the map bleed after i get larger injectors and so on.for right now im going with a grainger to around 14 lbs.my other option when i get more cash id to go with a good cal from cindy or something

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well guys i finally got my car back 1.5 months and $1050 later yesterday.the new tranny,converter and axles are in and working great.i drove the car about 30 miles or so yesterday after i picked it up.this was the first time i could really feel the power that the car has because the trans had been bad since i bought it.car runs and drives amazing and the power is great!!! so much torque and im still on the stock boost levels.apr 2-6 im going to texas with my wife and son to look around at the texas a&m campus.my wife is going to school there in the fall and we are moving down there.i figured being that spring texas is only and hour away from college station that a trip to fwd-p was in order.called cindy today and i will be picking up a stage 3 cal,magnacore wires and ngk plugs.sweetest thing is i wont have to mess with cores and shipping because im taking my computer from my car with me.anyhow apr 12th at spring fling will be the day i find out what shes got.

·
Registered
209 Posts
anybody know a Rob Walsh? he's got a shelby Dakota, a glhs, a rampage, and a couple challengers.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. The time frame is ridiculous, but I guess $1050 isn't the worst it could have been considering all the replaced parts. Have fun boosting! :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah the time frame was really ridiculous.he kept having trouble getting the right trans.anyway ill definately have fun boosting....

·
Registered
135 Posts
"But a stock 89 Daytona Shelby was capable of low 15 seconds."

Where did you get that? Stock? No way. Car/Driver, Road/Track, all the big name magazines couldnt get it to break into the 15's. Even I couldnt get it into the 15's!!! (tongue in cheek). I use to drop the tire pressure to get better hookup and sidestep off the clutch with the tach sitting at 4000rpm or more and just couldnt get the car to go any faster.

I'm sure a modified, not stock TII, would be faster.

I'd also expect equivalent shadows to be faster than the Daytona if for nothing else other than their weight. Tell your buddy to take off the slicks and see what a difference it makes. Unless you plan on driving on the street with slicks all the time, isnt that a better judgement of your cars performance, on the street?

·
Registered
521 Posts
my daytona t1 non-intercooled at 16psi only managed a 15.6 I'm sure I could have shaved that down to a low 15, but a broken axle ended my night early

1 - 20 of 38 Posts