Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Here's the deal:

I just changed My cam seals and Timing belt. Everything is great. Car has almost 20mm/hg of Vac. (was at 12 before I did the belt.) Timing is set at 12deg. at idle with cts unpluged.

On my way home the Disco A/f gauge is lighting up the last red and first yellow lights. And, for some reason, if I punch it It dies at 4000 rpm and at 4500 and at 5000 rpm. The condition resembles overboost shutdown. It also does this at Idle.

No pinging, or red turbo, just that odd miss. Pulls like a banshee till the "glitch" hits. Boost it set at 12 psi. All vac lines are good. I figure that because if I had a leak somwhere, the car wouldn't give me 20mm/hg.

Any Ideas? :(

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Admittedley so Kerm...
At first I thought that it might be the gauge going bezerk, but Both the factory AND the soprt-comp are on the same plane.
But then The timing belt before was very tired. Fuel filter changed in december. Fuel pump is a possibility, It is a walboro. But so far it's fine.

· Registered
768 Posts
Hmmm... I still would like to know exactly what caused the sudden jump in vac. Idk, to mean, seems like a possible camshaft alignment issue.

Do you have your new timing belt good and tight? How loose was the old one? Was the old one properly aligned before you removed it.

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm... I still would like to know exactly what caused the sudden jump in vac. Idk, to mean, seems like a possible camshaft alignment issue.

Do you have your new timing belt good and tight? How loose was the old one? Was the old one properly aligned before you removed it.

I'd love to tell you why... If I knew.:(

The belt now has the recomended tension. I can turn it 1/4 from the longest stretch.

The old one was toast. I didn't have the presence to notice if it was off or not.

Cam was positioned with the arrows pointing to the seams of the cam journal.

· Registered
125 Posts
dude what the hell is up? my car, and what seems like 20 other ppl have the same problem and no one can figure this out. damn the only thing left to my diagnosis is the "worn oil pump gear" thing. if that was the case, and the gear had play, that would make the timing retarded slightly and have power loss and miss, right? what if i advance the timing to 15 deg initial? im at my last straw lol.

sorry for venting, my brain just vomitted

travis

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.