Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I have been on this site for awhile now but haven't really done anything like this so I may be messing it up and feel free to tell me how to correct it. But here it goes

This is my latest car for my collection. I use the term collection loosely since I only have two cars.

Ride: Silver 1992 Dodge Spirit R/T (1 of only 31 in this color)
Engine: 2.2 Liter
Induction Info: T3 Turbo
Modifications: 3” custom made and installed exhaust, SRT Turbo and Air/Fuel Ration Gauges in the A-Pillar.
Mileage: 110k Miles

I got my R/T from a member about a Month ago after searching on this site and others for years. I would often find one that was nice but buy the time I was ready with the cash it would disappear into another garage. This time I kept in touch with the owner after they sold a Spirit because they mentioned that they had another (the one that is now mine) and might sell it someday. Well I finally got the call, they were having a baby and I was going to get my baby. LOL

I had a 1990 Dodge Spirit ES with the 3.0 Liter 6 cylinder mitsu engine and I absolutely loved that car. It was my first car that I bought new, heck it was only my second or third car period and it was so cool to be tooling around in a new car. Then when the R/T came out I drooled over it but it was out of my price range at the time. I have not done anything to the car, especially since I just got it but I am thinking of adding some Nology red spark plug wires to liven up under the hood a little. I was also thinking of adding the Shadow spoiler I saw on the black Spirit, and maybe even the Rims they had that look a lot like Neon rims.

But for now I am just enjoying the car and it's amazing speed and MPG.

My first car in my collection is a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder. Now while it isn't a Dodge/Chrysler product it was found while I was looking for it's twin the Dodge Stealth. I saw the spyder and decided I had to have a convertible so that is how I got the spyder.

Ride: Red 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder (less then 2000 were made period)
Engine: 3.0 Liter V6 (320 HP)
Induction Info: Twin Intercooled Turbos
Modifications: Street racing brake pads & rotors and clutch, Glow Gauges in the Dash and center pod, Body color matching interior accents to lighten up the interior. But mostly stock as I love to keep cars as original as I can.
Mileage: 97k Miles

This car is a power house of technology, especially for the time. It was the fist folding hardtop since the 59 Skyliner, and it was the top that started the trend for metal folding hardtop convertibles. The car has adjustable suspension that is controlled by a switch on the dash, it has 4 wheel steering, All Wheel Drive, and the Top is a 1 button up or down affair, that even latches and unlatches the header. It even had a axillary jack for your MP3 player in the radio. (Remember this is a 1995)
It isn't the fastest car of it's time although not far behind but I would say it was probably the best GT car for all night or day cruising. It has to be one of the most comfortable cars I have driven.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It's funny, if you look up posts by me, all you see are questions about cars that were for sale. LOL. Heck I even joined this site on a reference from another person I found somewhere while I was searching for a Spirit R/T. It is so nice to finally have one that is just like I wanted. I wonder if anyone knows how hard it is to find one of these that is pretty much original. I don't mean to take anything away from the people who have modified their cars but I love original metal. I even started to modify my old Spirit ES. I was putting a supercharger on the 3 liter 6 cylinder. Talk about a nightmare of customizing. Well I should say I was having it done, since I was so far over my head and didn't understand half of what they were doing at the time. Never did get that project done before I sold the car. I wonder what ever happened to that spare engine we were modifying. OH well thanks again.

A little piece of advice to all who are looking to buy a car..... KEEP LOOKING, you will find the perfect one for you sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, that is so funny. Amazing how things go. He also sold another silver spirit r/t. He has stuff all over the country. How do you like the wheels? Do you have any pictures of them on your car?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I just picked them up 2 days ago, so they are sitting in my shop. I like the pumpers alot. Don't know if polishing them would have been my first choice, but can appreciate all the hard work that went into them so I am going to leave them that way.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice vehicles! I used to work at ASC Incorporated, where the spyders were built. I drove a car that had the same options as yours for a few days and enjoyed the hell out of it. The 4 wheel steering made the car handle like it was on rails! From what I remember, there were about 1,200 made.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK my latest car to add to my collection isn't even a car. I picked up a 1999 Dodge Durango Shelby SP360

It isn't really a turbo Dodge but it does use forced induction. Does that count? It is probably the last Dodge that Shelby worked on.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
OK my latest car to add to my collection isn't even a car. I picked up a 1999 Dodge Durango Shelby SP360

It isn't really a turbo Dodge but it does use forced induction. Does that count? It is probably the last Dodge that Shelby worked on.
Very nice! And good for you to buy one of the last of the true Shelby Dodge's highly collectable with a strong heritage still attached to it.After Shelby died all his earlier creations have seen a jump in interest, This I saw on the Car Chasers episode where the father had one of the last true Shelby mustang on his lot. Even on that show they themselves stated anything after Shelbys passing was only in his name sake and really not collectable or valuable as the real McCoy.( I was told this a long time ago, And again just before he passed. It pay's to know people that are in the Collectables catagory ).

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So true, anyone can make a copy but there are only 1 original. Part of the mystique was that a genius had worked his magic on the vehicle. Not that someone else had copied what he had already done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.