Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I hope you prepped it propperly, oterwise the paint won't stick too well.

Personally having all that red might be a bit much, but it depends on how the rest of the interior looks.

Please show pictures of it all installed! :thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
that's a bad thing... it's an 80's car... you don't need to be painting the interior... if it looks that bad as it is I suppose you could paint it black... but that's about it....

·
Registered
999 Posts
TD's aren't supposed to be flashy... They're sleepers. No one is supposed to know they're fast. I'm not trying to be harsh, but painting interior pieces like all the Honduhs and Toyoatmeals out there just makes it blend into the crowd we all ridicule on a daily basis. Put it like this... You wouldn't put a 2 1/2-foot wing on an Omni, would you?:) But when you break it down to basics, it is your car and you can do what you wish with it. If red paint on the dash is your thing, go ahead, but I don't think you'll get much, if any approval from the TD crowd.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah i get what your saying but it does look nice in the car, but thanks cant always get complements in life gotta get the truth 2.

·
Registered
386 Posts
"TD's aren't supposed to be flashy... They're sleepers."

Ain't that the truth. The great thing about the older TDs is most people don't even know what they are, and if they are familiar w/ say a Daytona...then they classically think of that trashed out, barely running rusted out POS base Daytona they occasionally see limping down the road. That was my favorite thing about having them.
Although, I will give you credit...you at least used good spray paint. You should post some pictures of it, because in my mind's eye its a LOT of red. Too much for me even and its my fav color.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Most of the time I get the "I havd a friend who had one of those...he beat the sh*t out of it, but it was a great car!". LOL.

Personally, I WOULD put a 2.5' wing on an Omni, just becuase it WOULD be rediculous! LOL. Get them distracted with stupidity, then waste 'em with what the car really is! :thumb: That classifies as a sleeper too!

As for the painted interior...it all depends on how it's done. I'm almost done doing the interior pieces of my '89 'Baron, but they aren't all "ricered" out either. I left some of the stock black in areas...only certain parts were painted so it looks factory that way. It was a PITA to do, but the end result looks really nice! WAY better than the crappy peeling fake woodgrain. I used the body color of the car to paint, so it has a touch of what is popular in cars now...

Let's see some pictures, then we'll make the call...

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
that lebaron is pretty riced out but if you check his car domain he has done a ton of quality work.

·
Registered
386 Posts
HEY, THATS MY LEBARON, WHATS WRONG W/ IT?!?!

:rolleyes:

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
it is pretty cool. By the way I'm getting your a/c vent thing Thursday when I go back to the yard.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts