Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is the updated version of my Daytona, the plastic rubber still is in the rear panel which i will remove it later but now i will show you the new louver i got and installed, looks pretty nice :thumb: I hope you feel the same.

· Registered
386 Posts
Were those spray painted???? :rolleyes: I hope they're not blotchy looking on the car like they are in those pictures, but +1 on right idea, -1 on spray painting such a large area. Never pans out well.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for the feedback, oh and did i mention these are original louver from factory, not the replica because i know replicas are plastic, but this is all metal. I want to make the car looks factory complete with adding the fog lights and then im all done with body modification. The rest goes upgrading engine.

· Registered
386 Posts
Nice, I saw a couple of the plastics in a salvage yard recently. I figured the metal ones were stock, didn't know about those. What kind of weight difference is there? I really like the louvers, but didn't know how much weight they're adding. Also in a bad area (rear) where on launch some of our weight is being transferred to...and it doesn't work so hot on FWDs!

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im not sure about the replica ones but this one weighs 22lbs since the owner weighed it before shipping to me. I dont know it would effect the performance but when i open the trunk, i should go all the way up in order to make it stands still without falling down. But when i lift it, its not that heavy like i thought it would be.

· Registered
386 Posts
Well regardless they look sweet on these cars, kinda nice you don't see them all the time or it would ruin the novelty of them.
Little heavy for my taste, I'd prolly grab the plastics if I picked I'm actually trying to get back into the Mopar swing of things and am going to check out a Shelby tomorrow that has louvers. I'm going to sleep tonight like its xmas tomorrow! ::D

· Registered
386 Posts
Well hopefully its as nice as he says. Typical paint job, otherwise new head, really nice, but clutch went out. Says if I come and get it no haggle it'll be $200..so we'll see sometime tomorrow!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.