Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im driving home from work and i herd this boom, and my car is really loud now, what kinds of exhaust do you guys recommend on getting for my 1990 dodge daytona es ?? the whole setup

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I loved running open swingvalve, but my 3" side exit with a dynomax muffler sounds pretty good. If you aren't into making your own exhaust check with one of our venders for a complete set, I think FWDPerformance is mentioned a lot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Take it to a muffler shop and have one made... 2.5" should do ya nicely. I'm going with side-exit with a square tip myself.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
3 inch mandrel bent FTW

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i was under looking at it better, and it seems it broke off right past the back tire about half way of the tire, so im thinking run a straight pipe and buy a exhaust?? thinking its my best bet to fix.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
that works too.

Ugh i hate the sound of a 3.0 with bad exhaust. It is LOUD

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
depends. are you just gonna replace the missing parts, or put on a full exhaust?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
missing parts, im going to run a stright pip 1 3/4 by 2inch to the exhaust just was seeing what you guys recommend for a exhaust tip, i seen a few at advanced or i figured id go to summit

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
as long as it's not a fart can, whatever would work.

I'd personally put a cherry bomb muffler on the car.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
true. I didn't realize at the time it was a V6. I've heard of a V6 spirit with a 3 inch. Had a really good sound to it.

I really have no valid suggestions. Just get something that makes a good sound but nothing crazy or unreasonably loud. That's really my suggestion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now he says it's V6 with turbo and NOS... I'd say that would flow enough for a 3"

remember this... your exhaust is only as good as its smallest point...

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont know how to change that induct on here , i have a 1990 dodge daytona es and my brother has a 1987 dodge daytona shelby z

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
no problem. I've never seen one. I've just heard that they flow REALLY well. and they sound good. If money ever is available to me i'd put one on whatever car i have that runs at the time

1 - 20 of 33 Posts