1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I would like to share my project.
Last week I bought a 1990 Daytona es that appears to be a 3.0 car originally that some one swapped in t-4/568 and ditched the vnt for a fairly new regular garret and running the factory i/c as a front mount. All that seems good and For the most part it is.
The Good: it’s a t-4 with a 568 newer head newer turbo pretty straight Body and there is zero rust on the car. The interior is an 8/10. The car sits on pretty nice 16 inch pumpers and has brand new tires and has a brand new gas tank. Has 3 inch exhaust and high flow cat

The Bad: The engine bay is a mess of wiring harness and vacuum lines, the entire coolant system is rigged really bad with what looks to be a 3.0 rad zip tied closer to the front of the engine so the cobbled together I/c hoses fit through. The valve cover leaks oil the pan leaks and the power steering screeches and leaks. The exhaust stops right under the front seat facing the side of the car, no a/c which I can deal with And the first exhaust port leaked a lot and blew out the gasket because there was not a bolt in it at all. The paint looks to be old spray paint but I kinda like the crappy sleeper look. Runs off a stock vnt computer. E-brake just slips on the ratchet piece.

I’m sure I’m missing stuff but that’s most of it . My goal for the car is to get it running as it should be and to run 12’s for less then 3000 bucks total in the car right now I’m at 1680 into the car so far.

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I pulled the head and did intake/exhaust mani gasket,new head gasket,head bolts,deleted power steering, computer is out being done, acquired a 568 Jackson short shifter still have to install, powder coated Valve cover, new same side intercooler and piping,new oil pressure sensor installed, got some 500cc deatschworks injectors very nice and a 3-bar map but are for the future.

I am gonna make a trip to the local junk yard to nab a bigger throttle body and get a set of mirrors off a nice gold n/a Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you install a manual steering rack?
I removed the pump that was blown out and covered half the engine bay in fluid and just connected the hard lines to each other it’s kinda temporary I have a rebuild kit for the pump but I also have the smaller pump as well but I’d like to find a manual rack for it if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts