Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello !
I decided to create a magazine about my car.
And so, I bought it back in 2007, the car of 1989 onwards, was not on the move without an engine, but the condition of the body was at its best, despite many minor scrapes.
After that, it was decided to update the body, etc.
In 2012, I completed all the work to restore this car. I only deal with the car in my spare time and still change something for the better.
I'll start this post from the assembly of the car interior.
Salon collected slowly but surely, about a month left for assembly.
100_4185.JPG 100_4187.JPG 100_4191.JPG 100_4192.JPG 100_4195.JPG 100_4196.JPG 100_4219.JPG 100_4225.JPG 100_4301.JPG 100_4303.JPG

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now about the main thing.
Since in our country there is a big problem with spare parts for this car, I had to install another engine.
There was a choice, the Honda engine of a series J32A2 VTEC and to combine with the Dodge 555 manual transmission.
IMG_7384.jpg

·
Administrator
3,988 Posts
Your work is awesome, I commend you on your efforts with limited resources. I often complain about the scarcity of used parts for my Daytona and Aries in Eastern Canada due to our harsh winters destroying cars quickly, so much so I source many parts out of the USA, but I don't know how good I have it. Keep up the good work, following

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I made friends J32A2 engine with a manual transmission 555 from Dodge.

Before making the adapter plate, you need to make a template to determine how the box will stand relative to the engine, as well as the marking of all holes and guide pins.
2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adapter plate manufacturing.
The plate was made of steel, 25 mm thick.
The blank was cut by a CNC plasma cutter.
Further work was carried out on a coordinate machine.
8.jpg 10.jpg 12.jpg 15.jpg 20.jpg 24.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice man! Hope it works out for you and hopefully you'll get it done soon. Can you please upload pictures of this car when it's completely redone?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flywheel plus spacer.

Since the engine from Acura was on the machine, it was necessary to find a suitable flywheel.
The Honda flywheel from the B20A engine came up (the bolt pattern is the same for the crankshaft)
After all measurements and calculations, a spacer was made under the flywheel.
IMG_20180218_102108.jpg IMG_20180312_122950.jpg IMG_20180312_123013.jpg IMG_20180312_123025.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Double disc clutch.

After long days of painful deliberation, I decided to still do a double-disc clutch.
The advantage of a double-disk clutch is the ability to transmit doubled torque compared to a single-disk torque with equal clamping force.
At the same time, the thermal stress of the parts is reduced due to the smaller diameter of the discs.
And overheating, as you know, is the main enemy of the clutch. Plus, the spacer between the crankshaft and the flywheel will be much shorter.
Flywheel and basket from a Honda engine B20A.
The intermediate disc was a deal with the damper flywheel BMW M30 engine
Clutch disc: the first from Nissan Almera / Primera, the second from Toyota, which I do not remember.
Releaser left from the Dodge box.

Yes, I almost forgot, the double-disc clutch assembly is 850 grams lighter than the Akurovsky torque converter.
IMG_20180305_115414.jpg IMG_20180305_115548.jpg IMG_20180223_152747.jpg IMG_20180223_164156 - копия.jpg IMG_20180223_164232 - копия.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Double disc clutch.

After long days of painful deliberation, I decided to still do a double-disc clutch.
The advantage of a double-disk clutch is the ability to transmit doubled torque compared to a single-disk torque with equal clamping force.
At the same time, the thermal stress of the parts is reduced due to the smaller diameter of the discs.
And overheating, as you know, is the main enemy of the clutch. Plus, the spacer between the crankshaft and the flywheel will be much shorter.
Flywheel and basket from a Honda engine B20A.
The intermediate disc was a deal with the damper flywheel BMW M30 engine
Clutch disc: the first from Nissan Almera / Primera, the second from Toyota, which I do not remember.
Releaser left from the Dodge box.

Yes, I almost forgot, the double-disc clutch assembly is 850 grams lighter than the Akurovsky torque converter.
View attachment 269829 View attachment 269828 View attachment 269827 View attachment 269826 View attachment 269825
Hey man, sorry for the late response I'm crazy busy with my final semester in college. How's the Daytona doing and what's new?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey man, sorry for the late response I'm crazy busy with my final semester in college. How's the Daytona doing and what's new?
Hello, everything is fine with the car.
As far as possible I bring the car to perfect condition, very little free time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello, everything is fine with the car.
As far as possible I bring the car to perfect condition, very little free time.
I feel you bro. It seems like we young Mopar guys never have enough time to play with our toys, I'd give anything for it to be 90 degrees again so that I could work on my Omni and finally get it done. I've been waiting 3 years for this and it still isn't done. Of course it was supposed to get done over summer but it didn't happen because some drunk loser totaled my parents cars (my parents are still alive thank goodness) and so I have to wait until summer :(. It's OK though, it can be my reward for after I graduate from college in 4 months.

What are you planning to do with your ride?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The solution to the problem of starting the engine, namely: to determine the starter and where it will stand.

The choice fell on the overhead type starter from Acura MDX 2015 onwards

In my case, it’s easiest to implement it in the gearbox housing from the dodge.

To do this, there was a platform for the starter from a milled D16 aluminum, holes were drilled for the guide pins, and a thread was cut for the starter mounting bolts.
After completing all the preparatory robot, the site was welded to the body of a manual gearbox.
IMG_20171107_140752.jpg IMG_20180412_074641.jpg IMG_20180412_095227.jpg IMG_20180412_095246.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
The solution to the problem of starting the engine, namely: to determine the starter and where it will stand.

The choice fell on the overhead type starter from Acura MDX 2015 onwards

In my case, it’s easiest to implement it in the gearbox housing from the dodge.

To do this, there was a platform for the starter from a milled D16 aluminum, holes were drilled for the guide pins, and a thread was cut for the starter mounting bolts.
After completing all the preparatory robot, the site was welded to the body of a manual gearbox.
View attachment 269870 View attachment 269869 View attachment 269868 View attachment 269867
Sounds like your ride has a combination of parts from other cars

1 - 20 of 32 Posts