Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Art Mistress Zabrina
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 91 daytona after 310,000 miles blew a head gasket. I figured instead of trying to fix it and risk other things breaking because everything is still original , i decided to use my new car money (which i was saving for a 2010 srt8 charger) and give her a new life.

Got a new engine, new hoses, new sensors, fuel pump, wires, distributor, ac compressor and lots of purple clean and spray paint.

im posting lots of pics so hope you dont mind she isnt a turbo.Lots of pics im my profile albums!!!

here she is before we riped her apart

hubby giving it a good wash.

it begines

OH GOD!!!

well we can see where it blew

·
Art Mistress Zabrina
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can see which one had the coolant in it.

completely out let the fun begin!!!

you can see all the years of oil and other leaks that were fixed but this time it just to be replaced.

after 4 hours of scrubing its clean. can put a new motor in a dirty car.

and a fresh coat of engine paint.

REmember the dirty trans well hours of cleaning checking and sparying ( carefully ) it looks brand new :)

·
Art Mistress Zabrina
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been working on the motor only on the weekend since i work during the week , TIP FOR EVERYONE!!!! AFTER MARKET OIL PANS SUCK!!!!!! Sent mine out to be sand blasted and repainted the original is 100 times stronger and the curves on the pan are wider. Wanted to put a new pan so i was sure there was nothing to contaminate the new motor. (didmt want to void my warranty)finished installing the pan around 12pm when i went to turn the transmission to put the inner bolts, it would turn.. went to turn the motor by had and it was frozen.. After all that my husband decided to check the oil pump to see if it was touching the pan. Had to get a new gasket reclean a new motor to find that the motor itself was hitting the pan.. WE redid it and ended up finishing around 4 am it sucked.

Heres it together , also i got a NOS cam cover on ebay so nice and new.

·
Art Mistress Zabrina
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am lucky that all my plastic coverings are intact and nothing is cracked or broken took all the brackets off and went crazy with the spray paint.

Have to say thank you to Johnny, who is awesome to do business with got all my bushing , mounts and alternator bushings from him.

we actually rolled the motor out under the car and rolled it back under the same way.

been putting little by little together wrapped all the wires nice and neat cheked all the harness connections for damage so far it was looking good.
once it came together got happy and started to take less pics once your in that groove you cant stop. NOt to mention fixing the vacuum lines, what a nightmare they really needed help but got it done and they never looked better.

this is where im up to and ill finish posting pics as soon as the damn rain stops so i can finish.

Decided to prime the motor, made sure my pressure was good , hooked it all up, found my orginal battery cover in the garage( was missing for a year) and she started right up:thumb: timing a little off and have to find out why the check engine light is on . but she LIVES. just a few minor thiings to adjust and hook up. Have to add the A/C lines and get it charged up . but i will post pics as soon as everything is back together .

:dancing:

·
Art Mistress Zabrina
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yay!!!! you go girl!!! if it was a 89 i have a 88/89 t2 harness for a tona i would of sold ya haha
Wanted to make her turbo but $ and time and to find everything was just against me ,, if i get another 300,000 miles out of this motor it will definetly be turbo next timne :)

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
missed ya!!! good to see ya back!!! car looks great! glad to see you breathing new life into the daytona! to many times the TBI cars get junked or parted out to a turbo car! glad you didn't do that!!!

·
Art Mistress Zabrina
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
missed ya!!! good to see ya back!!! car looks great! glad to see you breathing new life into the daytona! to many times the TBI cars get junked or parted out to a turbo car! glad you didn't do that!!!
Thanks i owned the car since 93 second owner loved her since day one. couldnt part with her. Want to eventually get my charger and make her a strictly show car , shes garage kept now so it should be to bad to do, but need another daily driver. Got to build the funds up again. I spent about $4,000 every hose belt and part is about new (except the water pump,radiator, and battery they were only a couple of months old, the trans is orginal and was serviced before the gasket went.

BY the way will you paint my car:)

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Thanks i owned the car since 93 second owner loved her since day one. couldnt part with her. Want to eventually get my charger and make her a strictly show car , shes garage kept now so it should be to bad to do, but need another daily driver. Got to build the funds up again. I spent about $4,000 every hose belt and part is about new (except the water pump,radiator, and battery they were only a couple of months old, the trans is orginal and was serviced before the gasket went.

BY the way will you paint my car:)
I think we can work something our. Is there any dents or rust to fix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts