Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1984 dodge 600 turbo. It never had an air filter to begin with when I got it. And the turbo was blown out. I paid a lot to get it rebuilt and had another mechanic install it back on after the rebuild. But I notice there’s no air filter like you see on most turbochargers. It it not needed on this specific turbo? If so where do I find one
Shoe Sleeve Bag Grey Style

Camera accessory Scientific instrument Optical instrument Engineering Cameras & optics

Sleeve Gesture Font Circle Monochrome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. That is the air filter box in black. Purolator or wix is great. Stay away from fram.
Lol I’m aware it’s the air box. I put a k&n in there. Just wasn’t sure if there was an open turbine on the turbo anywhere that could suck anything in because I can’t see the turbo from the engine bay. Probably was a stupid question but I’d rather be safe than sorry after all the mess I had to go through to get this turbo rebuilt

·
Premium Member
85 New Yorker 2.2 T1, 89 LeBaron Convertible 2.5 T1
135 Posts
That turbo looks gorgeous, by the way. Did the machinist return it to you like that? I usually just rebuild my own, and I like to make them pretty, but dang that looks good!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That turbo looks gorgeous, by the way. Did the machinist return it to you like that? I usually just rebuild my own, and I like to make them pretty, but dang that looks good!
Yes this is how they returned it back to me. Looks awesome and brand new almost. I didn’t know they would paint it and all that. Figured a rebuild for 500 would just get me the rebuild lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts