Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 3 mystery wires in the same plastic wiring cover. The wires are black/purple, yellow/brown, tan.
The car is a 1988 Lebaron Turbo 2.2 T1. I could not find any reference to this set of wires in the wiring diagrams.
Anybody know what this set of wires is originally suppose to connect to?
The connector for the wires has been cut off by some hack 'mechanics' who cut the connector off and grounded the yellow/brown wire to my battery! :bash:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Hmmmmm. Maybe a better description. What side of the engien bay are they on, drivers/pass? Do the enter the harness at the same point as a relay? Are they BY the relays? The more detail... the better answer. ~~Heath

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wires are on the drivers side, not sure where they come from, I will have a closer look. I would assume that the connector was originally a 3 wire connector?!!?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Sounds like it may be part of a car alarm or something. A good installer will make it look stock. Do you have A/C? How many relays do you see? You should have 3 in metal cans (if you have A/C) and one black plastic one (ASD).

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Is the car an auto or was an auto? Could they be the grounded one nuetral saftey wire and the other 2 for the reverse lights? Do the reverse lights work? And does it crank in any gear or with the clutch let out?
Tim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wires are from the harness that connects close to the postive side of the battery, then goes into the main wiring bundle that leads into the firewall. It is an auto car, no a/c and the relays are there, the wires don't belong to any of the relays. I did notice that I do not have any backup lights. Where should this plug in for the backup lights? I'll also need to get another connector and splice the wires back to it!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Disconect the wire to the battery and see if the engine does not start. If it won't they bypassed the nuetral saftey switch. Look under the car on the front side of the trans for a 3 prong switch. To wire it up the one they hooked to the battery goes to the center terminal. The other 2 are the reverse light wires and can be hooked up to the other 2 prongs. Position does not matter. One should be hot and the other goes to the reverse lights. Twist them together and see if the reverse lights work. To check your switch use an ohm meter and hook to the prongs on the end. You should only see continuity when in reverse. Check the center one by hooking the ohm meter from chassis ground to the center prong it should show continuity only in park and neutral. These test do them with the key off.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Good deal good luck with it.
Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts