Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to install an overhead console I got out of a 91 LeBaron and install it in an 1989 Plymouth Voyager. Not to sure if there's a "hidden" plug somewhere that I haven't found yet or if it's just not there.

·
Administrator
25,306 Posts
I do not know where your connector would be located if it is there however...
The wiring for an 89 Caravan and 91 Lebaron are completely different for the Overhead Console and the 91 is BCM controlled and the 89 is not.

Wiring being sent through PM.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the guy I was hoping would respond!

I didn't think about the BCM part...

If it helps, the Car I pulled this from wasn't a LeBaron GTC, it was the version that resembles a Dodge Spirit.

Also, my van has a sensor located directly behind the grill in plain sight. That's normally for the "outside temperature right? It looks like there were two light brown wires coming off of it.

There was already a factory console installed that was just a basic version of the one I got out of the LeBaron. The original one for the van is shorter without the rear map lights and the compass or temp reader. The one I just got has the rear map lights and both the compass and temp.

What exactly is controlled from the BCM via the console I just picked up?

·
Administrator
25,306 Posts
The only 92 Lebaron wiring I have is for a GTC.

I know very little about the overhead consoles but just looking at the wiring diagrams there are 4 lines running to the BCM...
1)Serial Bus +
2)Serial Bus -
3)Dome And Courtesy Light System
4)Door Switches

If the console came from a AG/AJ it is tied to the BCM.
If the console came from a AA/AP it does not use a BCM.

I will send you the 91 A/J BCM wiring schematic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts