Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch started slipping under boost in my 91 spirit r/t. Looking for recommendations on clutch kits. 226 whp. (been dynoed).

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
531 Posts
need some more info, such as how often you drive it and if you race it(if so how often). i just put in this one with the yellow pressure plate last week.
http://********************/shop/product_info.php?cPath=97&products_id=229

i go to the drag strip probably 2-3 fridays a month though. my car is making over 300 at the wheels and it seems to hold it easily. haven't raced with it yet though. the yellow pressure plate might be much for you if you drive it alot, the pedal doesn't really feel much stiffer than stock, but it engages a bit hard and shudders sometimes when pulling out. i like it otherwise, and like i said it holds the power nicely.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So now we are screening links to parts , How sad!!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
yeah i noticed that too. i don't want to get involved in that, it does suck though, especially for the newer members that aren't very familiar with the vendors

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do more hard driving tan anything else. I like about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from the strip, so I don't get to go very often. I'll probably go 3 times max this summer.

I don't do hole shots, and burnouts, and this clutch is only 2 years old. I'm thinking the last one that was put in here was a cheapo, and cannot handle the hp. that, or it just failed. either way i need one.

·
Registered
531 Posts
the clutch that was in my car was just a stock replacement with about 10,000miles on it. it was spinning the clutch pretty badly once the boost got into the 20's. everything was glazed when i pulled it out. imho i would think that the 6 puck with the blue pressure plate would be fine, unless you were planning on building more power than you are currently making.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
So now we are screening links to parts , How sad!!!!
We were asked when TU pulled their sponsorship of this site, to not post any pics or url links of his products. He wanted nothing to do with TD, and would sue if we posted his pics.
It was not the choice, but something that had to be done to keep from getting sued.
Limiting places to get parts would never be any of our choice. This community is way to small to do that.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
thank you for the clarification. i was unaware of that.
As was I.

Sorry for the hijack...

I just bought a 2x red plate (t3+40%) and a 6 puck ceramic from clutchnet today. It was alot cheaper than anything any of the vendors were offering. And I was assured if it didnt hold up to 500whp. I could send it back. Also, if for some reason it doesnt work with the cps, I can also send it back. Maybe check out clutchnet.com. Plate and clutch were 250, and I will have to buy a throwout bearing. Saves me almost 100 bucks. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts