Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just bought some new standard Mahle piston form one of the members here. I thought they were from Mahle directly, but they ended up being oem Mahle. Anyway I was looking at them and two look exactly like the ones from my engine, while two others look almost the same except for the valve relief on the side toward the front of the engine isn't as big. They are the same size and have the same dish, I looked on the bottom and all say Mahle, 3 have t207 one has t2..something different, the numbers are like V489097+++ on the ones that match mine perfectly and V489097V1 on the other two. The guy said its probably just two were cast at a different plant or something, but i want to make sure that I'm not going to smack a valve or that they are going to cause a problem. So much for oem quality... :rolleyes2

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
quantum said:
OK, I just bought some new standard Mahle piston form one of the members here. I thought they were from Mahle directly, but they ended up being oem Mahle. Anyway I was looking at them and two look exactly like the ones from my engine, while two others look almost the same except for the valve relief on the side toward the front of the engine isn't as big. They are the same size and have the same dish, I looked on the bottom and all say Mahle, 3 have t207 one has t2..something different, the numbers are like V489097+++ on the ones that match mine perfectly and V489097V1 on the other two. The guy said its probably just two were cast at a different plant or something, but i want to make sure that I'm not going to smack a valve or that they are going to cause a problem. So much for oem quality... :rolleyes2
You won't smack a valve, these engines are not valve benders if the belt breaks so you will have no problems there at all unless your running some major cam lift!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Any idea as to why they are different, just a little uptight this being my first rebuild and all.

·
Banned
4,729 Posts
Can you get pics?
These engines are a non-interference design like Simon said, belt can snap and nothing happens. Also the stock valve relief's are plenty generous so unless you are running more than +4mm valves you'll be fine even with a super 60 cam with .499 lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts