Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done replacing the fuel pump, fuel filter, and Nearly all the fuel lines in my 86 daytona turbo z. I bought the car as a non running project car. I finally got it all put back together. first time I tried starting it there were several fuel leaks. I got most fixed except for the ones on the fuel filter. Its all new hoses, filter, and clamps. I even tried putting smaller hoses on. I tightened the clamps till I was afraid they'd cut through the lines. I have hit the edge of my mechanical knowledge on this. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the massive leaks?

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
Can you tell where it is actually leaking? If you over tightened the lines you may have cut them a bit. Also, thats a fuel injected car, must use fuel injection hose on the supply lines, and also SUGGESTED on the return. there is also a tank vent line in that area, don't get them mixed.

Yes, proper size fuel hose is important. The supply line is not the same size as the return....I dont think so at least.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah one of my buddies took a look at it and said I need the fuel injection lines and clamps. But can definitely tell the leak is on the fuel filter so I might just double clamp those lines for now

·
Administrator
24,986 Posts
Fuel Injection Hose and Fuel Injection Hose Clamps.
The feed line is 5/16" and the return line is 1/4".
Use silicone spray on the inside of the hose which will allow the hose to go on without effort.
Never use worm gear clamps, they will cut into the hose.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,905 Posts
use the fuel injection clamps vs worm clamps. The worm clamps cut into the line and cause leaks. The fuel injection clamps are like a t- style clamp and has a smooth non-serated clamping surface so it does not do that.
Use HIGH pressure fuel injection line. 100 psi minimum.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Brining this post back from the dead!

My question is, can I replace my metal lines with the rubber FI hose? Would I be better off bending new metal line?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts