Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 89 daytona es turbo.it has a t-1 car garret on it.so anyway i was putting my manual boost controller on it today.had some problems with it,but got them fixed.i got the bc adjusted to around 14lbs.i was cruising around when all of the sudden i had no power,the turbo stoped making any noise,but the strangest thing is it still runs and drives perfect.im thinking either the turbo pretty much blew or something is up with my wastegate,but ive never had a problem out of the turbo until now.there is no smoke coming out of the exhaust,but there is a small puff of white/blue smoke that comes out of the turbo area when your revving it up under the hood.im lost as to what it could be.i really hope its just the waste gate stuck or something.anyway if ANYONE knows what it couold be maybe please respond.thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well guys still no luck.ive checked everything i can think of
wga arm.its on there
ic piping.all tight no leaks
vac lines.all connected

i just dont see how it could do that so sudden like that. anyone have any suggestions

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
It's likely a boost leak somewhere. If you're sure the I/C pipes are fine, check anywhere else that could be leaking boost. PCV system, vacuum lines, etc. If your PCV valve is stuck it could be causing the boost leak and the puff of smoke.

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
It could. Had this happen on a friend's 89 Daytona. Brand new engine and turbo, car would not make boost at all. Rebuilt the vacuum system, reset the timing, forced the wategate closed, nothing. The PCV valve was not only wedged open, it was broken inside so it wasn't doing anything at all. Replaced that and suddenly had a full 12 lbs. Similar thing happened on another local's LeBaron. So it's a long shot, but you should at least check into it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow.dude im going to check that.you will be my best friend if thats what it is.thanks alot.ill let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts