Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the engine pulled out from my rampage and I am wondering whats the easiest way to go to pull the transmission? If anyone could link me to some resources or give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
3 Posts
if you already have the engine out, it would be simple. pull the axels and detach the bobble strut if its a 5 spd and either lift it out or jack it up a little and pull it out from the side.

when you reinstall, save your self some hassle by dropping the trans and motor in as one unit, just let the trans hang a little lower and it will all fall in place, leave the pass side motor mount on too and just line up the 2 holes.

the pope has a thread that will show you how to best realign the engine mounts when you get to the last stretch.

the next swap you do will be a cake walk.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
1. Disconnect everything that's connected to it.
2. Set trans on ground.
3. Drink beer.
how about just getting a shop manual and follow the directions.

ever cook anything? even mac and cheese, you read the directions... fixing a car is no different than making a cake, if you follow the directions.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
how about just getting a shop manual and follow the directions.

ever cook anything? even mac and cheese, you read the directions... fixing a car is no different than making a cake, if you follow the directions.
kinda true, just had an image of Rachael Ray under my car "fixing stuff" :thumb:

·
Registered
768 Posts
No...not necessarily. I just pulled the engine out of my honda and rebuilt it and installed a 90k trans. Didn't use a book to pull it out, just dug in. Got the whole thing out and back in without having a single bolt left over.

I did use a book for reference on the rebuild though, for torque specs and correct torque order of the head and mains and stuff, so they aren't junk my any means.

My point is if he has the engine out he's 95% there. Just put a crane on it, pull off what's left and set 'er on the floor. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts