Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im going to pick up my parts tomorrow and i need to know how to remove the right wing assembly the back right wing pice on the back right of the daytonas i tried to look but cant figure it out due to its over the screws, anyways thanks guys in advance..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Kind of hard to see exactly what you're asking...but the process is just boring. That entire side panel on behind the front seats has to come off. Its been 8+ years since I owned a Daytona but its self explanatory, just pop off the screw covers on the interior panels, remove the screws (philips head). Once you remove all of those be careful to move the panel as they crack VERY easy. If you're sitting in the hatch looking out the small window there will be (Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) 3 bolts/nuts just below the window. Just un-nut them, get out, and walk around to remove the wing. Don't think the instructions can be much easier.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
You first have to take the rear panel off. Then you have to remove the rear seat so you can remove the lower side panel panel. Next remove the upper seat belt bolt that goes through the upper side panel. I *think* you have to remove the center headliner panel. Then you can get the upper side panel off. You can't remove it from the car unless you unbolt the front seatbelt from the floor and feed it through the seatbelt slot.

After you have the upper side panel off then, as InfinityShelbyZ said, there are 3 bolts just below the quarter window that have to be removed. Once that is done, then you have to take the small cover panel off the side of the winglet(where the side wing meets the center wing). In there you have to loosten the bolt IIRC. Once that is done you can remove the side wing.

It's not a fun job, but it can be done in a few hours time...hope that helps!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Once again....as we both stated....LONG.....BORING...
On a plus side it doesn't take a brain surgeon to do it!
:D

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
CRAP!! I forgot you have to take off the door sill BEFORE you can remove the lower side panel!

It also helps to remove the A-pillar cover as well to get the upper rear side panel out.

LOL, basically half of the interior has to come apart! :bash:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had it easy on the junkyard car when I took these off it. They were crushing it the next day, it was literally junk. I just took out the bare minimum screws and pulled. Got to the fins in a couple minutes. I definately couldn't do that on my car though, that took a bit longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts