Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened a few times since i got it, i see the tach goes to zero for between a fraction of a second to a few seconds then the engine go back to normal.
It can happen at highway speed or slow cruising (between say 20mph and up).

But now, for the second time, this happened and the car wont get back runing by itself and i got to stop on the side of the road....
First time i just unpluged-pluged the battery and it was fine.
Today it happened again and it just wont start anymore.

It finaly run again without fixing anything an hour later. (diconecting the battery and reconecting...)

I got code 11

I dont want to risk geting stuck on the rside of the road again.

Pls help!

· Registered
400 Posts
i dunno what 11 is off the top of my head but it sounds like a crank sensor, especially cause you said the rpms drop off instantly (the tach) meaning it has no crank signal. that's just a guess. the crank sensor is toward the front of the car on the transmission bellhousing. it has a round black plug.

in the picture look at the oil line coming from the front of the block [to the back of the turbo]. Directly to the right of that line you see a hole, thats where your CPS is.

· Registered
29 Posts
A lot of the shutdown problems I've encountered have been caused by faulty wiring connections either on the sensors themselves, or on one of the ECU's.

A few years ago I found that my Logic module (located behind the PS kickpanel) actually had quite a bit of corrosion on some of the pins. I too was having a stalling/shutdown problem, with sensor codes telling me change a lot of expensive parts.

After careful cleaning of the contacts, and then applying a bit of electrical contact grease, I've had no more issues. Can't say this is your problem, but you may want to check it out--

· Registered
275 Posts
i dunno what 11 is off the top of my head but it sounds like a crank sensor, especially cause you said the rpms drop off instantly (the tach) meaning it has no crank signal. that's just a guess. the crank sensor is toward the front of the car on the transmission bellhousing. it has a round black plug.

in the picture look at the oil line coming from the front of the block [to the back of the turbo]. Directly to the right of that line you see a hole, thats where your CPS is.

I second that... Could be the cam sensor also. Good luck, these cars are frustrating now and again;)

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a way to test the sensors? The cam one is unavaillable since a long time and crank sensor quite expensive so i dont want to guess with it.

I will also chek and clean all connectors.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i can confirm its the crank sensor.

I just have to barely shake the crank sensor wire near the sensor itself and the car stop running.

From your experience, is the one listed on rockauto is correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.