Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1992 Daytona Iroc R/T has no underhood wiring or motor/trans. Can I use the underhood wiring and ecu from a 92 Daytona 2.5 NA and temp install a 2.5L NA engine? Will it be plug and play?

My 1988 Lancer 2.5L NA - I want to use an 89 Turbo Daytona underhood wiring harness and ecu in it and install a 2.5L turbo engine and transmission from the same car. Will it be plug and play?

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
For the most part they will be plug and play.

For the 92 Daytona...
You will have to modify the fuel lines, replace the turbo MAP Sensor with an NA sensor, not sure about the downpipe/exhaust, you may also have some issues with coolant hoses and you will have to reroute vacuum lines.
Was this car originally a manual trans and you are installing and auto trans?

For the 88 Lancer...
You will need to replace the fuel pump, 88 is a low pressure TBI and the turbo car is a high pressure MPFI, you will need a turbo MAP sensor and Baro Solenoid, reroute vacuum lines and probably have to modify the exhaust, fuel lines and coolant hoses.
Was this car originally an auto trans and you are installing a manual trans?

On both vehicles...
I do not know if the drive axles/hub assemblies and engine mounts are the same.
Hopefully you also have the airbox/air intake components for both.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Naj. My 92 Iroc R/t obviously had a manual in it and I'm putting a 1992 A-523 in it.

The Lancer has an N/a auto and I have the Turbo auto from the turbo Daytona. I also have a 2.25" exhaust on there now. :)

I have tons of Daytona parts laying around so I know it's doable just needed to know about the wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts