Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I'm buried in THICK smoke from the fires here in OR (but at least out of the "leave immediately" zone and all cars intact!) I decided to switch my focus from the numerous posts on issues with some of my toys to "stay inside and get ready" work. So....

I've got 5 cars I want to start doing leather seat restoration on, and in researching I'm trying to find exactly what my colors are. I've gotten all the fender tags and running into brick walls all the way.

First Car: 1986 LeBaron GTS (High Line) with the 'silver' leather seats. From what I've found on the fender tag the code is HLA3, but I've yet to find any sort of "conversion" to a code that's used for any of the leather dye colors that any of the major companies use.

Second Car: 1997 LeBaron Town and Country with Mark Cross Leather. I have a fender tag code of JPKY and this is the only one of the sales broachers (years 85-87) that actually says the color (other than black) and it says "Cream/Almond". In looking through the colors I see "cream" in multiple places, but nothing for "Almond".

Third Car: 1995 Dodge 600ES. Code GLTU (the 2 tone 'gold/almond' (I've got nothing to prove those are the correct names, just a guess based on the colors).

Fourth Car: 1987 LeBaron GTS Black interior (don't have the code for this one yet - Cars 4 & 5 are in an evacuation zone and I can't get in there to check)

Fifth Car: 1982 LeBaron Conv. with the Mark Cross 2 tone "brown/dark brown" interior.

I see most places have a 3 or 4 digit code for the colors and I'd like to be as close as possible to convert the 4 later code to a numeric code the leather companies use. If anyone has any resources, or can offer ANY help/info it's all VERY much appreciated.

Ray

·
Administrator
24,753 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that and while that's a GREAT recourse for later, this appears to only be exterior paint colors, not interior/leather colors. :( Please feel free to kick me in the right direction if not.

Thanks though... I'm saving that one for SURE! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hummm.... maybe I typed too soon. I tried for 1985 and it only showed paint colors, after I posted this I went back in to try to find the paint codes for my 87 Shelby Lancer and BAM! There were interior colors... Strange, but I know I can search other years for my 85 interior!
THANKS AGAIN! A GREAT recourse that I hope others will hold on to as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts