Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am the proud owner of a 1989 turbo voyager. When I bought the vehical some kids had had it b4 me that thought they knew everything so there is no cat (no biggy) but there intake scaired me (I almost didnt buy it but I had been looking for over 2 years and drove over 300 miles to pick it up) basically they took out the air box and the tubing to it and then they took a 90 degree elbow stuck it on the turbo and put a small intake cone right there behind the engine. I drove right over to autozone and bought some of those plastic intake pipes. $40 some duct tape and zipties later the intake cone was breathing happily though where the A/C use to be right behind the grill. so that is solvef for now but what do I do with the rest of the stuff that was attached to the old intake. (the small line going to the turbo, the hose coming form the pipe going to the intake manifold, and most important of all that box to the right of the battery with a million wires going into it)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(the one I am refering to is the single box that the intake use to come though not the 4 boxes I know that that is the computer) nothing was done to it I just want to know what to do to it I am a little obsesive compulsive and I dont want anything in the engine bay that dont need to be there (I'm moved the battery to begind the passenger seet) and I am trying to get everything out of there that I can and oddly enouf I actually need the space it is taking up I need to get it out of there :shrug:

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Well the black box with an elbow on your drivers side engine bay is your computer.
The line running from the valve cover that ran to the old airbox is the pcv system. I would suggest finding some way to integrate that line into your cold air system. You will find oil will drip out of it from time to time.
The vac lines running to the airbox can just be capped off or run to your vac canister. Thats essentially it.
Running a filter off of the turbo line isnt really that big of a deal. Its not getting the most cold air to your engine possible but it isnt anything to be too concerned about unless it was just chilling on the end of the pipe and not tied down.
Summit has a really nice battery relocation kit with a box that will move the battery to the trunk area or really where ever you want it. Kit is very nice and works quite well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I traced the vac line and to across the engine bay and it was caped off (aparently it has not been attached to anything for awhile) as for the battey it cool where it is. I'll try to find some way to hook the pvc up when I get some decent intake pipes. but can the comupter be moved to a better location? not just the box with the elbo but the 4 boxes to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts