Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well I purchased a rebuilt transmission from one of the members on the boards known for their good work. Unfortunately THIS transmission wont leave reverse. Doesnt matter how anything is adjusted, the shifter WILL NOT move forward or backwards, but it moves freely side to side. My mechanic said im looking at another rebuild and Im pissed. I payed $600 for this one plus shipping just to find out it doesnt work once I finally got the cables and everything buttoned up. Could there be ANYTHING Im missing with this? A-555 to A-568 Swapped 1989 TII Daytona (2.2L)

·
Registered
646 Posts
get him on the phone dude. any reputible person/rebuilder will make it right for you. you will have pull it again, but you'll be much better at it the second time:)

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Be sure the problem is not in the cables, remove them from the trans end and see if the shifter levers move by hand.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we already tried this, I wish that was the case, Doesnt budge an inche no matter what. if I press the brakes and let the clutch out it stalls hard. but if I just let the clutch out the wheels spin backwards.(its on a stand) Cables are brand new and fit perfectly, My mechanic installed the trans so im lookin at another $350 for yet another swap. Money I dont have, and unfortunately I never had the builders number. I just remember that him and his father were highly recomended to me. I mean, the trans lookes amazing and Im sure if it werent for this slip up I wouldnt be stuck in this position.Im sure its a rare occurance it just sucks I got stuck with the bad one lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My A-525 tranny got stuck in reverse and 1st gear, and that stalled the car out very hard. I was pissed off, so I jammed it in and out of gear and eventually something freed up and I was able to move the vehicle out of the street......thats when I put the A-555 trans.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot for the information guys, I dont think jamming it around is gonna help, thats what landed me an A-568 lol. I cant seem to find a way to contact Mr. Ramsdell, can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Remove the alignment stud from the top cover.
Remove the top cover.
See if you can select gears by the lever, by hand.
If you can then when the cover was installed everything wasn't aligned just right, easy mistake. Align it up, use the stud, and put it together again... May take a few tries and a little bit of RTV but if it makes the thing work well worth it and cost much less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts