Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2.5 to the machine shop over two weeks ago, I ask them how long thier turnaround time is, they tell me 7-10 days I am like cool... so I wait a few days for them to call me and let me know what the measurements are going to be so I can order the pistons... well 1 week later I go back cause I get no call and they say "We are busy and now we are caught up but we will get it tore down today for sure and give you a call." o.k cause I know things happen, I go back 3 days later cause still no phone call and they are like "Our teardown guy just hasnt been coming in but we will get it tore down today yadda yadda...." I looked in the back and I seen my shortblock sitting on the ground where it was dropped off at day one. I went back in just this last monday, 5 days later and the guy cant even look me in the eyes... "We are swamped but we will get it tore down this week." and the shortblock is still sitting there.
So if its not tore down by this thursday I am going to pick it up and take it someplace else. If they would have said they were this busy from jumpstreet I would not be irritated, but I am afraid that this is how things are going to be dealing with them once its tore apart. They have now taken up 3 weeks of my time.
So I am asking anyone in the TD community in Texas is they know of any machine shops that are good in between Waco and Austin, the closer to Ft.Hood the better. I asked on the LSSDAC and didnt get much feedback. I am hoping to have this thing up by late June now.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Jeff, I don't know of one in your area but we use one here by us, and you could drop it off on a Saturday and pick it up the following Saturday. They do first in, first out and have had the same guys for 10 years so the shop just keeps working all the time. Rarely do we have to wait more than 2 weeks for a rebuild to go from teardown to rebuilt and they do good work at a reasonable price. Plus the owner is a board member for the national board of machinists (or whatever it's called) so he really knows his stuff. They can also O-ring and balance too.
Let me know if interested , and i'll hook you up.
later,
Cindy

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Cindy. If you werent so far away (3+ hours) from me, I would hit you up right away. But I will wait a bit and see if I get any more reccomendations on here, if not I may hit you up on it. Its too bad that this one machine shop is the only one anyone knows of around here, and it seems they are slackers...

Thanks for the valve cover, it came out great!!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Used to live down in Texas. If you want to travel a bit further, an excellent engine shop in San Antonio is Duffin engines. He is literally within 1/2 block from the airport on hwy 281. Owners name is Russell Duffin.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, but the place got thier butts in gear so I am now just waiting on parts.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts