Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my wife's pregnant & I can't spend a lot of money on tires. I've been thinking about Kumho Ecsta AST or ASX's. Has anyone tried them? I don't need super high performance tires (obviously, or I wouldn't be looking at Kumhos) but I need something wallet-friendly that'll last. Thanks.

-Josh

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I already found them for a dollar cheaper per tire. I'm asking if anyone's used them & their experiences with them.

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
If you don't plan on boosting much, Kumho Ecsta AST or ASX are ok.
If you do a lot of boost and spin your tires a lot (which you will with those tires), they will wear extremely fast.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use the Kumhos (Come Hoes) on our Scion XB and had used them on our Miata X5....also had them on old Matchbox, good for the price...read cheap. Tirerack.com usually has the best prices, but if you quote their prices to Discount tire they will sell you the same set for $10 less.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I was looking at Tire Rack. Maybe I'll go to Discount Tire instead, though. :thumb: I just don't want something that's going to wear funny & make a bunch of noise. I'm usually pretty good about not doing burnouts in my Charger. (the Duster's a different story, though) :D
There's just something about a V6 & a 5 speed, although I like my TD better. I think I'll go with ASX's, they cost a little more, but the specs are better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts