Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a daytona es 1990 v6 3.0 L

car is red so perferbley red if not its fine.

im looking for right wing pice,

the middle console dash top part and shift inside pice,

interior, seats

and my flip up light motors, im sorry im just now getting into cars sorry for lack of terms and im new to the site also im located in akron ohio, 44314, i have called every salvage yard here and no one has a daytona im really slacking on parts here also my brother has a dodge daytona shelby z hes looking for a 2.2 shortblock turbo motor, please and thanks in advance .. mike cheers :drinking:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
have you tried bumper 2 bumper? I know browns eastside hasn't had any daytona's for over a year now.

Whats up with the flip up motors? are they seized and won't go up or down with the knob in the front bumper? It could be the headlight relay module if the motors can move. I had that issue on my 90 daytona ES.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried every where they will go down manually but the motors r bad i think, i called every salvage in a 50 mile radius no daytonas its shitty..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Roguetrip is right. From the symptoms you have described, the problem is the headlight motor relay. The relays can go bad and sometimes the solder connections on the PCB fail. I believe it is located on the steering column on 1990 vehicles. I am going to the yard on Friday and could get one for you, if anyone knows exactly where it is. On pre-90s it is located on the top of the dash.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot appropriated it do so much to get my tona on the road and looking nice. you guys are much help

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Roguetrip is right. From the symptoms you have described, the problem is the headlight motor relay. The relays can go bad and sometimes the solder connections on the PCB fail. I believe it is located on the steering column on 1990 vehicles. I am going to the yard on Friday and could get one for you, if anyone knows exactly where it is. On pre-90s it is located on the top of the dash.
On the 90 Daytona ES (with the wrap around dashboard), its under the steering column, its a black box that is 3x6x2, it just clips up in there. If pulling one from the yard, make sure the headlights are in the down position, if they are up it could be another bad module. I'd recommend rebuilding the one you have though.

There is a yard in PA that carries lots of chrysler stuff called Kuchera Auto (1-570-427-4546) I've bought misc things from them and service was good. Worth a try atleast. I think it was bernie I talked to before.

Got pics of what else your talking about? It might also help others to know if you have a automatic or manual transmission for this console piece you are talking about.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Roguetrip is right again on the modules. I only pull them if the headlight doors are down. If they are up, there is a reason! Depending on how handy you are with electronics, you could repair your own. There is a thread in the electronics section on how to get the module apart and which solder connections to reflow. If your in a bind, I will try and pull one tomorrow at the yard. I can reflow the solder as well. Let me know if your interested. If not, it will probably end up on eBay. Chris.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Roguetrip, one more question. Is it located under the plastic cover that covers the ignition or is it clipped on the column under the dash. Thanks. Chris.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Roguetrip, one more question. Is it located under the plastic cover that covers the ignition or is it clipped on the column under the dash. Thanks. Chris.
You might need to remove the knee bolster (large square panel under the steering wheel) but I already had mine off for for a 5spd swap, the module is clipped onto the left side of the steering column, It just has one connector that goes into it. When putting it back in make sure it's secured, after the first few hundred miles mine dropped and hit my leg while trying to shift, not very fun trying to manuever with the box hanging :eek:

I could rebuild the board if you can't, i'm a lil more local to you than claroo (not trying to steal your thunder or business claroo). I'm 44305 area.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, no problem. Whatever we can do to help this guy out. I have been in situations where I don't know how to fix something or I can't find the part and its no fun!!! When I can help out I will. So as long as we can get this fix for him (99.999% sure its gotta be the relay). Also, thanks for the info on where the relay is located! Chris.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i had found the module and i reconnected it and the lights still didnt work so i guess it is the relay and mite need your assistance on that also i got pictures today on what i need
here is the picture of the dash i need the top apart or the whole thing

here is a picture of the missing wing

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Geez, your about 3 years too late, When my car was automatic and had a perfect center console, even had a newer better looking shifter from a 92 daytona (also in the lebarons) which looks 10x better than the square one!

Unfortunately the center console has to be out of a 89-91 daytona cause it sits up taller than a 92-94 cars.

As for the seats, those are pretty common in 90-93 daytona's and even lebaron GTC's I think are the same (the fronts, doubt the rears are the same)! I have the more rare enthusiast power seat (had the set but one got ran over d'oh!)

Go look at browns eastside (on mogadore rd.), they have a mint 93-94 lebaron GTC (red) in the yard that might have compatible seats, I could swear it was gray interior. I was there last weekend looking for a upper plenum w/o EGR valve.

Seat covers also work wonders too! :p

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
also do you think the lebaron would have the relay module? that would work on my daytona??
It might be the same, it would be better to ask in the electrical forum, i'm sure NAJ, allmotor or someone else would know the answer to that.

Those pics remind me of when my car was stock except mine as always more surface rust being a PA/Ohio car! Oh the memories of being slow ;)

Hate to off topic your thread. Here is a pic of my engine bay a couple years ago, its a lil cleaner these days.

I'll have a 52mm throttle body thats in the pic (easy bolt-on) for sale soon, its a nice upgrade over the stock 46mm TB, no grinding required!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also another dumb question? About my heater could this be because its not plugged in right or another issue, the heater seems to work fine from the floor and top panel but does not correctly work on the vents in the dash any reasons why his would be happening?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts