Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thank you so much, I'm so friggen nervous having to do this move. Very hard for me to concentrate right now.

I also have a rear-mounted battery that leads to a nest of wires under the hood, however, I did not find any broken fuses under the hood. (There are two attached to relays)

All of this happened after I shorted out the passenger side socket using a probe... sparks flew, then I no longer had the driver's side brake like or signal anymore.
My 86 Lebaron just did the same thing today and hitting the dashboard made the signals start working again. I think it's my radio wiring shorting out something. Also try turning the hazards on and off to see if the signals start working...

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
Hopefully I did not miss anything, any issues/problems/questions post back.

TURN SIGNAL CIRCUIT
Battery through OR Fusible Link to Fuse #10, Fuse #10 to Directional Flasher on the BK Wire, Directional Flasher to Turn Signal Switch on the RD Wire. Output from the T/S Switch to the Rear Directional Lights is on the DG/RD Wire (Left Side, DG Wire at Bulb Socket) and the BN/RD Wire (Right Side, BN Wire at Bulb Socket)
1)With the key on use a Digital Voltmeter or 12 volt test lamp check for power (battery voltage) in and out of Fuse #10.
a)No power = blown Fusible Link/Open Circuit from Battery to Fuse 10.
2)If power is present, check for power at the Directional Flasher BK wire.
a)No power = open circuit between Fuse #10 and the Directional Flasher.
3)If power is present place the T/S on, is power present on the Directional Flasher output RD wire.
a)No power = faulty Directional Flasher.
4)If power is present check for power on the RD Wire at the T/S switch.
a)No power = open circuit between Flasher and T/S Switch.
5)If power is present check the output to the rear directional lights on the DG/RD and BN/RD wires.
a)No power = faulty T/S Switch.

STOPLAMP CIRCUIT
Battery through OR Fusible Link to Fuse #6, Fuse #6 to the Stoplamp Switch on the PK wire.
From the Stoplamp Switch to...
High Mount Stop Light, on the WT Wire which becomes a WT/RD wire in the harness.
Left and Right Stop lamps, on the WT Wire (becomes a WT/RD and then WT again) to the Hazard Flasher Switch.
From the Hazard Flasher Switch to the Directional Switch on the WT Wire.
From the Directional Switch to the L/R Stop/Directional lights on DG/RD Wire (becomes DG in the harness)
From the Directional Switch to the R/R Stop/Directional lights on BN/RD Wire (becomes BN in the harness)
1)Verify power is present in and out of Fuse #6.
a)No power = blown fusible link/open circuit between Battery and Fuse 6.
2)Verify power is present on the PK Wire at the Stoplamp Switch.
a)No power = open circuit between Fuse 6 and the Stoplamp Switch.
3)Apply the brake and check for power on the WT Wire.
a)No power = Faulty Stoplamp Switch
4)With the brake applied check for power on both WT wires at the Hazard Flasher Switch.
a)No power on the WT input wire = open circuit between the Stoplamp Switch and the Hazard Flasher Switch.
b)No power on the WT output wire = faulty Hazard Flasher Switch.
NOTE: Be sure the Hazard Flasher Switch is Off.
5)
With the brake applied check for power at the WT wire at the Directional Switch.
a)No power = open circuit between the Hazard Flasher Switch and the Directional Switch.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hopefully I did not miss anything, any issues/problems/questions post back.
Thank you soooo much for your write-up, I'm sorry I was unable to try it before I had to move!

I BARELY made it, and the last 10 miles was on a flat tire!

I couldn't even get out of bed the next day because I drove with my benchpress bench like in the photo, my back is still sore days later! Ugh!

Honestly, after driving my 1993 Voyager and the A523, I kinda wanna swap the Lebaron engine into my van... love the damn van so much!

Let this be a lesson to anyone... if you're going to move and ask the nice people of turbododge.com for help, don't wait until like 2 days before you move!!! I'll give those instructions a shot and see if I can fix my brake lights now that I'm finally almost settled in. Thanks for all the help guys.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
Take your time, rest up, get settled in and when you are ready we will be here.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts