Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Lately I started preparations on my 2.5 turbo engine swap to 92 NA Daytona.
The engine(92) and the transmission(probably A568) are ready, but I still need a wiring harness, ECU and other components.
I would’ve some questions about those :
  1. Can these parts be borrowed from other Chrysler and/or Dodge models? Like Spirits, LeBarons, Shadows? Do they need to be from the same year as my engine?
  2. I actually have 2 ECU’s but I’m not sure if they are the correct ones. I’m guessing one is for a 2.5 NA engine and the other is for the turbo, but I want to be sure. I would also be happy If someone could tell to what transmission are they intended for.
ECU #1:

Camera lens Camera accessory Film camera Reflex camera Cameras & optics

Handwriting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey

Chip:
SC80557VFN
C96N9140

ECU #2:

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Gadget

Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas

Chip:
SC80557VFN
B96D9044

Thanks in advance : )

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your probably best to add to and change your original harness, the only plug and play one would be from a 1992 Daytona 2.5 turbo which are very rare. Computer can come from a 1992 Shadow or Daytona, don’t think any other models had the 2.5 turbo option in 92.
Other option could be a overlay engine harness setup using the most popular 1989 electronics.
Are there schematics on how to change a NA harness to a turbo?
Could you tell me what i need to do that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your best bet is to get engine wiring diagrams for both the NA and turbo motors for a 1992 Daytona, look at the pin outs on the sbec, and figure out/make list of deferences so you know what to add and or change. You will need a scrap turbo harness any year should work to use for plugs(hep, injectors….) and pins your going to add the the sbec connector.
Don’t forget you will need to upgrade the fuel pump too.
Does the turbo harness has to be from a 2.5, or it’s the same as the 2.2?
Also do you know if i can take other components (like vacuum solenoid, ect.) from 2.2 turbos, or because of the different ECU they are not compatible?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only thing actually on the engine that may be different is the tps.
The injectors, knock sensor, ais motor, oil pressure, water temp, and hep should all interchange.
If it was myself I would go with whatever is on the engine, maybe buy a 92 tps.
You could also reuse your oil pressure and water temp sensors off the original engine if it was a 4 cylinder.

Also are you going from an automatic to a manual transmission?
I’m going from a 2.5 engine and a manual transmission

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pictures of the engine could help identify what you have and what is needed.

You also need to decide whether your going to try to find that plug and play turbo harness from another 1992 turbo Daytona or build one. I know where I live 92 turbo Daytonas aren’t widely available, I bought one 8 years ago and had to make a 10 hour round trip to pick it up, and that was just a parts car. I’ve seen 2 since, 1 driver, 1 in a salvage yard but both were a 16 to 20 hour drive from me. So basically what I’m saying is I would look for the harness but would plan on making one with whatever you can easily get.
Tomorrow I’ll try to take pics of the engine but I won’t send them until like Friday because i’m going away from my home and i won’t have connection to the internet there.
But I also started planing on making my turbo harness like you said.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pictures of the engine could help identify what you have and what is needed.

You also need to decide whether your going to try to find that plug and play turbo harness from another 1992 turbo Daytona or build one. I know where I live 92 turbo Daytonas aren’t widely available, I bought one 8 years ago and had to make a 10 hour round trip to pick it up, and that was just a parts car. I’ve seen 2 since, 1 driver, 1 in a salvage yard but both were a 16 to 20 hour drive from me. So basically what I’m saying is I would look for the harness but would plan on making one with whatever you can easily get.
Ok i got some pics of the engine.
(Also sorry for the mess in the background)
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Textile Automotive tire Luggage and bags Bag

Textile Tartan Motor vehicle Bag Luggage and bags

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Automotive wheel system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts