Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie on the site and have read alot of great info to the point where my eyes feel like they are going to bleed. My current setup is a stock t1 lower end,better head off of a 91 turbo van, huge 25x18x3 intercooler w 2.5 piping,t2 intake ,adj FPR, stage 2 glhs computer.

here is where my problem starts. The car runs and idles great with the fuel pressure set to 23psi...and of course at higher boost i run lean. Some say use a rising rate reg setup and others say its old school and to just get a reburn on the computer. Im on the fence about what to do?

Next problem is the *&^%$#! ASD. This thing is driving me insane, it will let the car start sometimes all on its own and then other times it activates and I have to bybass it with a jumper wire from the battery to the coil. Why would this be so intermittent?

Thanks in advance for any responses and if anyone is in the Grand Rapids,Mi area let me know

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only codes are 11 and 12...both battery related then a 55 to end. Can the ASD activae then go away when it wants. Even after leaving the battery connected for a long period it will start somtimes and others I have to jump from the + battery to the coil?

Mark

·
Registered
597 Posts
code 11 is with the hall effects sensor, or wiring. you must test spark and injector pulse. you will test for spark at the ignition coil and then the plugs. I can go on much further, but would be easier to email you the information on testing these.

·
Registered
216 Posts
not sure about the asd right now (sounds like maybe a hep problem???) but i am concerned with some other stuff.

what size injectors are you running to set the fuel pressure at 23psi (scary)????
how much boost are you running, how much do you want to run?
what fuel pump?
any other mods?
how much power are you looking for? (honestly)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you could email the procedure that would be great. Here is my current setup listed below. The only thing Im missing is a larger fuel pump(still stock for the time being). Realisticly I would like to be in the 12 to 13 sec range after its all said and done but still be able to have it streetable. I appreciate all the responses, If im setup wrong or my setup needs tweeking feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Mark

1985 omni GLH 2.2 tII conversion
Stock bottom end
Better head (782 or 872 i always forget but its the right one) off a
91 turbo van
Stock Garrett turbo
MP +40 injectors
86 GLHS stage II LM
25x16x3 fmic w/2.5 pipe
greddy rs bov
3 wire o2