Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my brother had went out to columbus to pick up a head from boostedhatch turns out his head that supposley only had 10,000 miles on it and was a perfect head, turned out to be a cracked head, trying to get a 100 from my brother for a pice of shit head, dont trust this guy.. just letting you know.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: boostedhatch is a lye

depends on what you call a cracked head. Cracks between the valves on an 8 valve head, are perfectly normal and do not affect the overall functionality of the head.

· Registered
1,526 Posts

depends on what you call a cracked head. Cracks between the valves on an 8 valve head, are perfectly normal and do not affect the overall functionality of the head.
Sorry to disagree, but that's not always true. I have seen valve seats come loose because of those "normal" cracks.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well my brother had went out to columbus to pick up a head from boostedhatch turns out his head that supposley only had 10,000 miles on it and was a perfect head, turned out to be a cracked head, trying to get a 100 from my brother for a pice of shit head, dont trust this guy.. just letting you know.
He told him it wasn't cracked before he went clear out then when it was when he got there.

· Registered
4,874 Posts

Moved to the correct section.

· Banned
420 Posts

When I took the head off I didn't see any cracks because all the carbon.I had no problem's with the head at all.So if you want me I'll send you like 10 bucks to cover your cost in gas.Why didn't you say something there when you looked at the head instead of doggin me here?

· Registered
13,677 Posts

The cracks are probably not going to effect the head. IIRC all 7 I have out in my building have cracks between the valves. As long as the cracks aren't deep enough to get to the coolant jacket you have nothing to worry about. Have it rebuilt(new guides, valve job, etc) and run it. You'll look back at this as a learning experience(not everything about these car's or their parts are as they appear).

· Banned
1,448 Posts

When I took the head off I didn't see any cracks because all the carbon.I had no problem's with the head at all.

I had the same problem.....loooks nice, until you give that combustion chamber a good cleaning. If the head appeared to have no cracks, and they were there after the carbon was removed id say that head is good 2 go for use! if you can visually see the casting shift between the vales then you may be in trouble!

· Registered
4,660 Posts

Just remember you are not buying new parts. Mint to td guys somtimes means hardly any rust, tires not too bald etc. No need to bash. Unless he promised a head, but instead gave you the shaft. ahem...

· Registered
2,986 Posts

The head on my GTC not only has cracks between the valves, but on one chamber, there are two cracks. That makes a loose piece of metal between the valves. I had it pressure tested and came out fine. Been running it over a year now. That makes the rest all seem good. If the head wasn't giving the seller any problems before pulling it, I wouldn't have any problem with using it.:thumb:
And yes, most all have cracks between the valves.

· Banned
1,448 Posts
boostedhatch ??

anyone have experience dealing with him???

im about to send a turbo to trade, and was wondering how reputable he or his word is?

he said the turbo was suppose to ship and UPS was coming to pick it up at his door

my computer broke and i got back online 2 days later for him to ask me for my tracking # after i asked him for his 1st???? that sounded like a very kiddish reply to me, and then was told he backed out on shipping because he thought I "flaked out" after i told him I had no access to his shipping address as it was on my computer.

so end of story, if i had wrote down the shipping addy my turbo would be in the mail or at his house by now, and i would have recieved nothing.

he has no real feedback on here, so just looking for the heads up. thanks guys.

· Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Re: boostedhatch ??

whats the reason for the triplicate posts ?

(and a Subject line with actual info would help too)

go to the 'Vendor and Seller Feedback' forum, at the top under "Page 1 of 64.." is a Pulldown "Search this Forum", use the pulldown to enter "boostedhatch", then hit "Go"

· Banned
1,448 Posts
Re: boostedhatch ??

yes i found that article on the head, i had even posted it in years ago lol

same post in 3 different sections means i just want to get the word out, not every searches the same subforums, im only looking to cover my ars as I just forked out some nice coin on a turbo that i am sending to someone i know, nothing of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.