Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of those cheap 14.99 ebay strut bars for a 95-98 dodge neon. I had to drill 3 new holes. And then slightly elongate 1 hole and then elongate one other hole a good amount. All in all it wasnt too hard. Will definetly be easier if i have to do it for anyone else.

I got some pics of the setup. check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got a nice one for an Neon also. The bracket looks exactly the same. I thought I could get away with using one of those holes. Any tips on getting the holes right?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you wont be able to get away with using one of the holes. I tried and it just wouldnt work. Also, to save yourself some filing the holes are not all going to be drilled on center.

When i did my holes i just marked the 3 spots where they need to be and drilled them at the center of the ring. The holes are actually a little offset. So make sure you try to drill the hole as close as possible so you dont have to file that much if any.

Thats about it. Not that hard though.

J

·
0 Posts
I'd suggest making a template out of light cardboard, like off a cereal box, and drilling holes through the cardboard first, getting them located DNO (dead nuts on) for the shock tower bolts, then center-punching your metal pieces from the cardboard template.

Better to screw up a few pieces of cardboard to get the spacing right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the 95-99 neon bar with the holes redrilled will work on a shadow right?
just wanted to make sure before i bought one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine to work with one hole in the acclaim, I only had to drill two holes. I'm working on having some brackets fabbed that are a direct fit.

·
Registered
613 Posts
where u get the covers for the strut towers??

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can usually find the strut covers on old reliants and aries and stuff. All the k-cars had them i think. I know thats where i ran across them. Chrysler put them on the cars that no one would care if they had them or not. Kinda funny...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same strut, I can’t install it the same way as yours, it touches the hood cover.
I had to flip it so everything was ok
IMG_20190813_162212.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts