Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Marc, the screen behind the front seats is a Sneeze guard, to protect the front people 8*
Hey, I am an addict, now!
How about this Beetle?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Here is the skinny on the two in question:

The rear seat head rests are designed to extend upwards in the event the car starts to roll over. They will automatically deploy if a rollover is near, otherwise, they remain in the down position.

The screen is a wind block for the rear seat passengers that rises when the top goes down.

Hope this answers your questions. ;)

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Dreamacre said:
Here is the skinny on the two in question:

The rear seat head rests are designed to extend upwards in the event the car starts to roll over. They will automatically deploy if a rollover is near, otherwise, they remain in the down position.

The screen is a wind block for the rear seat passengers that rises when the top goes down.

Hope this answers your questions. ;)

I like some of the other answers better :} ;)

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With that screen in the up position, how do the front passengers talk with the giraffes in the back seat or vise-versa?
It's already noisy enough to talk to each other in a convertible going at high speeds. This makes it worse. The Giraffes will have to yell louder now !!

·
Registered
501 Posts
The screen cuts down wind buffeting and noise, dont ask me how it works, it just does :}

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
Eh..?

I test drove one, it was actually cool, the black relfector is somthing like a gaurd to keep things from blowing away.. i think i dunno it was fun to check it out though.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I've seen that screen on several convertibles.... it is a wind buffetting reducer (not official name.... ;) )

I was wondering, what happens to the rear passengers, if they are leaning on the head rests, and they slam upwards in a rollover? Will their heads get shoved forward by the upward movement of the headrests?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Dreamacre said:
...The screen is a wind block for the rear seat passengers that rises when the top goes down. ;)
So, when the top is up, where does that screen sit?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts